Is 3k enough for ads / sponsors for my game?

Hi, me and a friend recently made a childerens game, called Guess The Color obby and did an advertisement test, we have advertised and sponsored in total 200 robux (a few weeks ago), which brought us up to 560 visits, and still active (yesterday over 40 visits).
There are a few gamepasses.

(NOTE, THE ONLY FREE MODELS USED ARE THE GRAVITY COILS, ETC.)

Now my question is is 3k enough to gain profits and active players?

And if not, what would be a small and perfect amount?

What would you do?

Game link: Guess The Color Obby! - Roblox

2 Likes

no need to advertisted
to lost your robux,

need to join in random group and advertisted your game,
my game got 2k visits of 2 years

1 year thats 4 visits per day of what you are saying, and we get 40 visits a day, well mostly depends on the day. On weekends we get more since more kids are active.Which isn’t that true about what you were saying. My game without ads in 2 months got over 2k visits.

1 Like

my game created 2019 but soon is got 3k visits me don’t know, players was join
everyday in my game and rate is.

This is awful advice, I won’t even attempt to sugarcoat that.

Suggesting a user to leach off other’s work and effort for profit isn’t development, its just disrespectful.

As someone whose built a group through constant content uploads and advertisements, I can safely say, you’re simply wrong.

6 Likes

is it true?

look of year

Okay?
2k Visits is meniscal, I don’t see what you’re trying to prove to me.

Here’s how much said group has earned over a year with the use of ads:

2 Likes

So how much should I invest into my game? is 3k alright? Maybe more? I got 11.7k right now and I do not know how much to put into it.

I’d suggest go with a budget.

Depending on how much you’ve got, you should spread out ads for longer viewings, rather than bulk players.

I’d say do something like 1000 for three days, rather than do 3000 for one day, here’s why.

3k - bulk players - players leave - next few weeks no ads - game will drop in players.
1k - smaller amount of players - players will return from more ads - more ads spread over longer timespan - the game should have a better chance of growing an active playerbase

3 Likes

Using ads, my group made more than that in a day, please stop trying.

2 Likes

Thanks, do I do ads or sponsors? or like 500 ads and 500 sponsor every 3 days?

I’ve not had any experience with using sponsors before so I wouldn’t be able to give a fair opinion on this question, however I believe this would be a good way to cover most bases for players to find your content.

2 Likes

This is really the WORST thing you could do. Not only will it annoy many people, but also is against TOS. Maybe just work hard on your game and gain your playerbase yourself instead of using other people’s success to advertise yourself?

4 Likes

This is a really bad idea… its so slow lol, I got 20k visits* after a few months of advertising it for only like a couple hundred per week

Please not that i do not update this game anymore and have not for a long time

2 Likes

Well 1k every 3 days is fine right?

1 Like

I would assume to get a good player base would be to make players you advertise to want to stay. To the looks of your game, it doesn’t seem like a game that would want a player to want to come back to since it seems like a repetitive cycle and a game of chance with no new challenges. I believe you can advertise possible 1k robux but before that you could make the game more diverse that would want a player want to continue playing after one session. Possible make it not a game of chance since it’s current stands doesn’t seem to be a game worth being attached to. Remember it is better to keep current players coming back, not getting more new ones.

3 Likes

Before caring about sponsoring or advertising your game, you need to improve your game a lot because there is no way players will be willing to play the game at this state.

The UI is not neat, it seems like they are overlapping each other and it also has a longer width which is unnecessary. You say that the game has 33 stages yet the stage are simply the same which keeps players bored, also, players will just give up when they get killed for choosing the wrong color because they will have to then go back all the way from the start so I recommend you to integrate checkpoints.

3 Likes

I am coming back to this thread for some extra tips i found very useful when making my games popular-ish-ish

• Make sure the game is fully functional and DO NOT release it before its done (trust me, this helps A LOT)

• Ask your friends to test it, i found that gathering all my friends and them inviting their friends was a good method to gaining a decent playerbase

• Don’t make lots of ads like ‘pls play my game’ or ‘i spent all my robux on this’ cus they’re annoying and people will not want to play your game. If anything they will play it just to dislike it

• Don’t immediately start making ads left right and centre right after you publish it, get some regular players first.

• This is more of a game design tip but i recommend making some sort of currency (THAT SAVES WITH DATASTORE) that will make people competitive and want to play more. A good example is, for example, getting some points every minute

I hope these help! I’ll try to respond to as many questions as i can :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is against ToS. Nice job man.

You’re kinda being toxic. I mean, you don’t need to laugh at them about his visits, yes they very are low but maybe do it in a more passive way rather than:

1 Like