Is a 10k Robux Sponsorship for 3 Days Worth It?

Should I opt for a 10k Robux daily sponsorship lasting three consecutive days or go with a single 30k Robux sponsorship in one day?

I am leaning towards the 10k Robux sponsorship for three days because I believe it has the potential to sustain growth and activity even after the sponsorship period ends. With a steady exposure over multiple days, more players might discover and engage with the game gradually. On the other hand, the 30k Robux sponsorship for a single day could create a significant initial impact, attracting a large number of players in a short period. However, I am concerned that the interest might fade quickly afterward.

What are your thoughts? I would appreciate any suggestions or experiences you can share to help me make an informed decision.

3 Likes

It really depends on your game, its thumbnail etc.

I just sponsored one of my games (On PC only) for 25k robux for 2 days, and it flopped hard. This could have not been the case if I sponsored on mobile, but as the game was designed for PC with mobile as just a “we have compatibility” port, I didn’t want to as the mobile version was very unplayable/unenjoyable.

Even a game I sponsored that had the sponsor be good, the sponsor only made up for about 5% of the total players in that days it ran.

I’d just say sponsoring isn’t worth it now due to being unable to advertise to anyone under 13.

2 Likes

My Logo and Thumbnail should be good hopefully and the game is now fully mobile-supported, and the same for consoles. But isn’t the restriction for those under 13 only for ads, not sponsoring because ROBLOX didn’t mention sponsoring when they released that update?

3 Likes

Coming from experience, no. You need lots more than that to have a sustainable game. To be specific 20k+ per sponsor for many days.

2 Likes

Sucks I only have 36k atm so I might have to go with the 30k single-day one.

1 Like

Its unfortunately on sponsoring, too.

1 Like

I would recommend you not to sponsor with roblox

5 Likes

out of curiosity, what game is this?

1 Like

My personal experience with 30k on ads for 3 days was terrible, I recommend spending on ads instead.

1 Like

Personal experience here, spent more than 500K on ads in the past 2 years and anything under 40-50K a day in sponsors will have 0 effect. Even 50K is still not going to take you far.

The last game that I managed sponsoring on was a niche copycat game from the internet that many many have played. The peak player count was around 6,500 players however for the first advertising week, we tried a 70K sponsor which got us a few hundred players but nothing crazy.

Sponsors are great but only when you use them in chained days for more than 50K as I said. Otherwise you’ll be spending your Robux on nothing. Ads require less Robux (20-30K) but also have to be chained to see a permanent/real effect.

I saw you said your budget is 36,000 Robux. I recommend promoting your game elsewhere such as via discord servers, youtube shorts/videos, tiktok, instagram, twitter, or just any social media. It also helps to have a presence on social media and/or message creators with heavy presences (youtubers with a few hundred thousands subs, tiktokers with a few million followers, etc.)

Good luck and happy developing!

Extra : Don’t spend all your money on 1 ad, and please playtest your game with other developers on the platform/non-bias users. Playtesting can guarantee the fact that your game is fully playable and ready for release as well as gain you some extra players :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Would recommend you to also consider advertising through social media platforms like TikTok and YouTube too, so you’ll be able to reach out to a wider range of audiences. Short video content works best for being able to capture a Player’s attention in a short span of time.

3 Likes

I’ve advertise my game in TikTok. I got over 4k views, and I got like 10 visits on my game. But I still have 0 players on my game. How many views needed to have like 3-4 actives (200-600) visits / day.

You might need to make multiple videos, all varying on the content. Make sure that what you show in the video is also suitable for your target audience.

2 Likes

It was called “Shirt Factory Tycoon” and absolutely FLOPPED due to its tutorial just being skipped through by most players despite being 100% necessary to understand the games mechanics quickly.

I did cancel the sponsor after a day though after seeing the sponsor not do good at all on the first day.

Most of the players who joined left, and the ones who didn’t took 10 minutes on average to understand the games mechanics to a point where they knew how to get money.

1 Like

Ok thanks ! By the way, I have a question : For you, how many views could make your game popular ? Cause I thought 4k views could make my game very popular but I was wrong.

I can’t give a specific number, since there are a number of factors, like the interest of specific users in your target age group. Some factors might even be out of your control, so you can try to collect feedback about your advertising materials, to see if it appeals to your target audience.

1 Like

Oh yea sorry about it. I forgot we have to create a topic for it. Thanks and sorry.

If you believe your game will be popular and you can do it, it’s worth it.