Is a Mafia-themed game allowed on Roblox?

I would like to know if a Mafia-themed game is allowed on Roblox as all previous articles on this is outdated and not in line with the current TOS. I am currently interested in making a full game based around organized crime/mafia and I tried emailing support asking the same question and no surprise it didn’t help any bit.

I have seen multiple games having some sort of relevance to mafia. For example, there is Emergency Response Liberty Country has a feature where you can create a mafia and rob different locations - which is a reference to organized crime. And then there is Mafia Tycoon, which was apart of the Metaverse Champions event in 2021 (was a game for AJ Striker), which is fully based around organized crime and has references to known families like the Corleone family.

I am still not sure about if mafia is allowed on Roblox and still skeptical if I will get punished for making a game revolving around the subject. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I think it’s fine as long as it doesn’t get into serious crimes such as killing lots of people or destroying buildings, that kind of thing

2 Likes

There’s no clear rule that I’ve ever heard against it, and I’ve seen games with mafia themes be fine. Just don’t add any real names of mafias/gangs and you’ll be fine

1 Like

According to this, from what I believe as long as you do not reference real life Mafia groups, and make up your own you’ll be fine. If you’re scared of recruiting membership for a terrorist or violent organization, or encouraging others to leave Roblox to find such information I’d put something in the description like “All events in-game are completely for educational purposes, do not recreate stunts in real life or else people may be hurt.”

5 Likes

I once read something on the Tos No Gang/Group Acts or something like that I think it will be ok if its stuff with not killing violently or having drugs/beer in a game.

1 Like

Thank you guys for the help, I will definitely take this all into consideration.

1 Like