Is a one day ban a big deal?

I got banned from Roblox for a day unjustly (I said “goofy ahh” in chat :skull:) which was considered harassment for some reason and I am losing hope for my support ticket to be responded to.

[EDIT: I got an answer to my appeal and… it’s still considered harassment (I’m pretty sure it was an auto-generated mail with a fake person behind it (in this case it was Aaron)).]

I’m thinking about what can this ban do in terms of my Roblox Developer “Background”.

Will I still be able to DevEx? Is that making me unable to get a Verified Badge in the future possibly?

3 Likes

no it won’t affect your DevEx or Verified badge or anything like that

1 Like

Hey! It all depends a bit. It’s always very important to write an appeal ticket on every single ban and warning. I think by now an awnser should have arrived. I guess what I can do is giving you recommendations on how to avoid false bans and how to write good tickets!

Firstly: Never brake Roblox’s Community Standarts
ㅤㅤㅤㅤThis is a pretty obvious one, but it’s still important to never brake Roblox’s rules.
ㅤㅤㅤㅤIt will not only reduce your chances of being warned or banned, but it will also
ㅤㅤㅤㅤgive you more chances of writing a better appeal in case of false ban like this ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤone.

Second: Proof your innocence
ㅤㅤㅤㅤ In case of a false ban write a report with as much proof as possible. In this ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ case you could try explaining that you “goofy ahh” is not an offensive and you ㅤㅤㅤㅤ didn’t mean to harass anyone with it.
Third: My own expirience
ㅤㅤㅤㅤ The only time I recieved a warning was because of an image I uploaded. On ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ the image was the face of a Roblox streamer. In the appeal I send a link to his ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ channel to proof, that the face of this streamer wasn’t private information.

I hope that was helpfull!

1 Like

I got a reply from a moderator (even though I’m pretty sure it’s just auto-mod). My appeal was rejected and saying “goofy ahh” was still considered harassment.

1 Like

That might have been, because you weren’t proofing it.
I know that sounds stupid. Like veeerry stupid.
It’s always important to appeal every warning/ban and for this case you could have need to send some links to dictionarys, which explain goofy ahh a little more precise. For example is they told you that goofy ahh is harrasment then you will have to proof that goofy ahh is a word that was not ment to say to harras another user. Also you could a the link to a (or even better multiple) website that explain goofy ahh for adults I guess :rofl:.
Anyway, remeber the stuff I told you and don’t forget that you can only write on appeal per case.

Let’s hope you won’t get banned again and see you!!!

Uh, I think I understand this one.

The problem is that Roblox’s moderation is way to strict.
As you know “camper” means, that the person is playing on a way, that requires less skill.
That means calling someboy a camper is for Roblox the same as calling somebody as “too dumb for the game” or something.
I believe the ban reason was Bullying or Harrasment, as usuall.

The only thing I can say here is even if a person is hacking in a game you shouldn’t call them a hacker, a camper a camper, and a spamming bot not a spamming bot…

What the heck am I even talking about…

1 Like

DevEx looks through their applicants on a case by case basis. Any minor or major moderation infraction can mean getting suspended from the program, it all really depends on what you’ve done. This post should not be marked as the solution because it isn’t valid information.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.