Is allowed to remake popular Roblox experiences?

Hello everybody! So as I said in the title I would like to ask if remake another popular Roblox experience is allowed, I have seen that there are many copies of popular experiences on Roblox and nothing has happened to them, but I would like to ask if it doing it is really allowed and at which point, I say this because I found a place of Natural Disaster Survival which is uncopylocked place (I found it on the Roblox search bar), but I’m not really sure if I can use it to improve it like creating new maps and new disasters that are not on the original as it is something that I would like to see.

I also wanted to ask permission to the creator, but unfortunately I was not able to contact with he, so I’m not sure, what do you think about this?

6 Likes

There wouldn’t be consequences for doing it as it doesn’t violate Roblox’s rules, nor does it violate intellectual property laws.

The uncopylocked version of his game has been out for years and at this point is a very old snapshot of it. Stickmasterluke has never attempted to take action against the hundreds, perhaps even more, of experiences based off of that version. Even if he decided to suddenly care, I doubt he would have any basis for complaint.

That advice applies to if you were just reuploading the place. If you’re updating it and adding new stuff to differentiate it, it isn’t even the original thing anymore, it’s your own creation—just based off of a template.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer, my intention is not to copy and paste the original experience, which is obviously not allowed. My intention is just to make some improvements that I personally think should be applied to the original experience, but for some reason have not added. So that’s why I wanted to make a remake of the original game, as you said, using the “original” template, but I’m not really sure how to get the original template of Natural Disaster as that would give me more security. Right now im just using a template that I found uncopylocked ans published by someone.

I suggest you remake key elements though. The good thing about the game is that they aren’t many meshes.

If you remake the models of land and buildings and such, as well as the center where you respawn, as well as the balloon and apple meshes, you’ll be fine.

2 Likes

I’m not sure either. So unfortunately (unless you find the original) you may have to search studio the explorer with the term “c:Script” to look for every script in the place and remove all viruses. I also recommend you read each script, but rewrite better versions if you can. If you to a reasonable extent use the uncopylocked version as a guide, you could also claim more originality than if you used the place file directly as a template. But that’s up to you.

1 Like

(Both approaches are allowed under rules)

Thanks, you’re right to remake the whole map will make it better, but I would like to keep a bit of the original game style as it has a great design. However to avoid all the problems the best thing to do is to change the main things.

1 Like

Im not worried about viruses as I will change many things from the main script, but it will be good for me to find the original one uncopylocked by the original creator.

The fact that you’re doing that is great. It’s more fun, fulfilling, and accepted by the Roblox community to rewrite code in situations like these.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.