Is an AFK System agaisnt Roblox TOS?

So I’m making a system that requires an “AFK system” in place but I’m not sure if it goes against TOS. Just a bit confused because I saw some threads saying it is/might be but I’ve seen so many games using AFK systems like Blade Ball, as an example.

Can someone clear it up for me?

There is no way to officially extend the idle time. It’s a built-in feature by Roblox that is used to free up space on their servers. Trying to bypass this feature could violate Roblox’s TOS, as you’re overriding a core feature that they probably don’t want you to bypass.

If you still want to do it, you can teleport the player to another game/server and then teleport them back to the main game before the 20 minutes are up.

2 Likes

As far as I can recall, there’s nothing against it, specifically since Roblox has API that allows us to determine if a player’s Roblox Client is currently the main window or focused.

Here’s the link to the API in question:
Window Focus Released
Window Focsed

Simply put, you can technically create AFK systems in your games. But make sure they do not violate Roblox’s policies on automation and fairness. A good idea would be to review the Roblox Community Standards and Terms of Use.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.