Is blender the only way you can create UGC and other meshes for ROBLOX?

Hello! Firstly, I’d like to apologize if this is in the wrong category, as I’ve barely gotten around to posting here more often and am still figuring out where everything goes! Anyway, the question I have is, Is Blender the only 3D modeling software that we can use to make meshes and items for UGC/ROBLOX in general? I’m not sure where to find it or if there even is anything saying that Blender is the only one allowed, or if it’s just the default and most popular option, and that’s why it may seem that way. If you have an answer, then please let me know!

4 Likes

my child, blender is not the only one:

4 Likes

For sure not. The other two I know of are Cinema 4D and Maya. C4D is mostly used by animators, and I haven’t used it in a long, long time, but it’s similar to Blender. Maya, on the other end, is harder and more advanced, but better for texturing or so I’ve heard.

Personally, my favorite combo so far, which I’m satisfied with, is Bender for mesh making and Adobe Substance Painter for texturing.

2 Likes

it would be good if you could make 3 d models in Roblox studio

3 Likes

Not at all! There’s plenty of softwares you can use to make meshes! Personally, I use Shapr3D, which has a free version and a pro version. However, if you use a school email, you’ll get the pro version for free! I hope this helps, enjoy!

3 Likes

You can probably use CSG and a few decals. You may still have to use decimate or something in blender though.

2 Likes

Can you use roblox studio instead?