Is drug reference allowed on Roblox?

I was considering making a Breaking Bad game, and the show contains crystal meth, and knowing that Roblox doesn’t allow drugs on the platform I wanted to use an alternative, blue crystals. Since it references to drugs, I want to know if that’s allowed?

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is accurate or not, but in Flamingo’s latest video, apparently drug reference, and other thing that were previously prohibited on Roblox are allowed now. You may have to complete some assessment to determine the rating of your game, though. I don’t know if it’s accurate. Take it with a grain of salt.

3 Likes

No.

That’s the one word. Any drugs (medication, alcohol, cocaine, marihuana, etc.) are prohibited on Roblox…

3 Likes

I know but, the blue crystals would be literally blue crystals.

Rename them to cyanide I guess…

2 Likes

Why though? That doesn’t make sense, the blue crystals is suppose to be an allowed version of the drug.

1 Like

I’m guessing it’s not allowed. You may have to change your experience’s age to 13+ if you are allowed to add it in. I would check with Roblox Support on this issue.

No, you would have to put it as 18+

2 Likes

This hasn’t been confirmed by official Roblox staff yet so no it’s not true. As far as we know it’s a rumour.

And to @coolifysz : As long as these ‘blue crystals’ are not used, depicted, named, or treated in any way as a drug would be, then it’s probably okay:
(via Roblox Community Standards)

As a game developer, I wouldn’t bother trying to make a Breaking Bad game, there’s so many regulations against it that it’s not worth working hard enough just so you barely fit in with the rules. And then after all that, if it doesn’t even get popular it’ll be a huge waste of time.
Try to think of a mostly original idea instead (I say mostly as that’s hard now with the amount of games today), much easier to work with. :+1:

3 Likes

Technically it’s been said in a Roblox blog, they are going to allow 18+content, as long as you put age restrictions

Edit: thsi isn’t official

1 Like

To clear up all the speculation and unverified claims above, currently the answer is no, drugs are not allowed at all.

There have been leaks via @robloxtrackers that suggest that age guidelines for drug reference and other more mature content will be added soon, but this is has not been confirmed and is not out.

Hope this clears things up!

3 Likes

Could you link the blog post? I couldn’t find it anywhere, and have not seen any video talking about the supposed changes link any sources.

From what I’ve seen, it’s just a rumor.

As for the OP’s question, this would not likely be allowed. I’m not entirely sure if people would recognize it, but drug reference isn’t allowed currently(unless the rumors are true).

I don’t have the direct link, but I have the link to the topic, just give me a minute and I will link ut
Edit: couldn’t find the topic, but forum the direct link: https://mobile.twitter.com/Bloxy_News/status/1623148568965181441

Yes, I know that Bloxy_News claimed that this update was happening, but I have still not found any official source displaying that this update was happening.

Furthermore, Roblox took down a post talking about these supposed updates, as if it was just speculation and not discussing a future update.

Wait, o thought that Bloch News was official from Roblox? I don’t know sorry, then I’m gonna correct myself

No. Please check your sources and claims before posting.

1 Like

I’m really sorry for this, it’s just that one: I’m new to both Twitter, which I never used, so I don’t have any idea of how to see a profile etc., and new to Roblox (development) so I didn’t know they weren’t official,
Two: they seem very official to an inexpert eye, like mine, and a new Roblox player

NO!

No painkillers. No injections. No nothing. Don’t even do medicine.

Blue crystals unless comically large and dumb will replicate drug use if you’re using it in a chemistry like setting.

Roblox may allow this in the future based on the bloxy news leak but I wouldn’t count on it right now.

The truth is a lot about how I use it, if it incites vice, it is not very good, but in the case of a story mode game, I could use it of course, creating a good awareness of it.

No, you can’t completely have references to drugs etc.