Is having "gangs" okay on roblox?

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    In a game that I am making with my friend, I want to introduce gangs. You can create gangs, invite people to them, and even participate in gang wars to capture a house.
  2. What is the issue? Include enough details if possible!
    I would like to use the word “gang” in my game but I do not know how Roblox would react to that moderation-wise.
  3. What solutions have you thought of so far?
    I thought about using words like “crew” or something but it just doesn’t feel right
1 Like

Technically no.
However Roblox literally let “Mafia Tycoon” participate in Metaverse Champions, so it’s very unclear what falls under the rule or not.

7 Likes

Alright thanks, I might just stick to something else just to be safe

As long as you don’t do any particularly violent or unethical activities, you should be alright.

5 Likes

By gang activity this is probably more in reference to encouragement of or participation in real gang activity via Roblox rather than roleplay. Obviously I’m not staff and I can’t give an authoritative answer but this rule has always been a bit unclear to me, even with common sense applied.

2 Likes

I believe it may be talking about roleplay because it says it is not allowed to discuss the topics on Roblox. It seems inconsistent though; “Crip” is filtered but “Mafia” isn’t.

oh alright i just assumed you cant since it says “gangs AND gang violence”
I think calling them gangs is more suitable than “clans” or some other stuff.
the most violence that there is going to be is where you can initiate a clan war where 2 different gangs compete for a special gang house

1 Like