Is having the player be able to spell out a curse in a singleplayer game locally against tos?

basically i have something where when someone types any key it spawns that letter but they can use the mouse to move the letters around like blocks so what if they can basically write anything but its only local and in a singleplayer server?

Pretty sure Roblox mandated filtering all kinds of user-generated texts.

Because filtering is so crucial for a safe environment, Roblox actively moderates the content of games to make sure they meet certain standards. If a game is reported or automatically detected to not use filtering, that game will be shut down until the developer takes the proper steps to apply filtering.

From Text Filtering | Roblox Creator Documentation

1 Like

well its not “disabled filtering” its literally just like playing with those “letter blocks” that kids play with so would that still be considered as no filtering if the intention isnt that and the only person who is responsible for doing it or seeing it is the local client

The text is still generated by the user, so even if it’s only viewable by the player, I would still recommend filtering the text to avoid any punishments.

1 Like

what would you recommend because i have literally no way of tracking down what letter is next to another in the workspace and also what it spells because its literally a sandbox and they could just spell out the whole alphabet in a sequence and then make a curse out of the letters

Oh I didn’t read the full thing properly. If it’s that then I don’t really know how to filter it. You should try asking in #help-and-feedback:scripting-support

1 Like

thanks will leave this “unsolved” until someone gives me a solution tho cuz i want to see more ideas otherwise (and will check there)

1 Like

Filtering isn’t required in local (commonly referred to as single player) games. You only need to filter out text that is shared between other player or filter text which is stored in datastores.

EDIT: If you HAVE to filter words, i would give each text block a name referring to their letter (e.g. E = “eBlock”) and use the roblox filter function to filter the word if it is bad

1 Like

you dont understand how the game works tho…
(an older video)
https://i.gyazo.com/b30af5883fbbf97a24b14385246fecff.mp4

filtering still could be achieved in this way, it would just be a little tricky

ig it would involve positions of the letters from left to right on a set y level so that stacked letters can be checked too but thats too much and prob useless cuz its probably not needed to filter anyways

1 Like

My solution would be to creat a raycast from both left and right sides of the block. The first block that the raycast meets could be used to assemble the group of letters into a string. You could then pass this string through roblox’s filter and if it returns a filtered message then replace the letter of all blocks involed with a #.
There would obviously be ways around this (Organising the letters from top to bottom instead of left to right, ect.) but most could be avoided with a simple adaption to the script.

1 Like