Is it a violation to roblox rules if a person adds a backdoor script to a model?

i got a virus on my game recently and it was solved earlier today… i want to know if its not a violation to roblox rules to put backdoor scripts because there’s a lot of people doing this to ruin other’s creation by simply putting unwanted scripts to the model that was placed to the game.

3 Likes

Yes, this a SEVERE violation of the TOS. Your account could get possibly terminated or banned for a large period of time for destroying someone else’s creations, when they you insert a backdoor, you are trying to screw up someone else’s game.

No. There is no violation of any rules to put scripts in freemodels. Its not a ‘backdoor’ or a ‘virus’ its just a malicious script. Vet your freemodels before publishing your game, or don’t use freemodels. Also please stop using the term ‘virus’ or ‘backdoor’ or ‘trojan’ or whatever 90’s hacker movie term you can think of.

4 Likes

Hey @XxXbeatzboiXxX! remember me? Lol

Yes it is a major violation of the Roblox ToS. If I were you, I would suggest not using any free models. Viruses are in many free models. They are in models wayyy more than you think. Just like I told you earlier, using the Explorer Search function is very helpful. Every now and then, I type in the keyword “script” and look through all of the scripts in my game. If I do not recognize one, then I remove it. Virus scripts are usually called: “Loader”, “Handle”, “Humanoid”, “MeshID”, “Handler”, “-”, and “VirusRemover”. Of course there are many more, but those you are likely to see.

1 Like

Roblox detects backdoor scripts only if it can do the following:

• Cause unwanted memory leakage or lag
  • Reproduce profane or vulgar/NSFW decals/images.
  • Replicate malware on the serverside (Roblox doesn’t want its servers to break)
  • Send suspicious HTTP requests to the website (only if you have HTTP requests enabled)
  • Scam people by taking robux from their account unknowingly

If these conditions are met, go ahead and report them, but if its something else, Roblox might not care, for example, an annoying teleport service redirect to another game, Roblox won’t bother. If you need help deleting viruses, try searching for scripts with the name of: “Guest_Talking_Script”, “HAKZZZZ”, “Seat_Script”, “???A?EAE” these are all viruses I saw personally.

2 Likes

It’s not that difficult to go through a free model and check if any scripts are inside. A lot of free models are fairly useful/modifiable; malicious scripts being there is not a good excuse to not use free models at all. If that was the case, we wouldn’t have them available in the first place…

If you just want to use a mesh/model from free models, just make sure you delete all the scripts in it if there are any. There’s no point worrying over a malicious script when you are able to dispose of it safely. Being aware is better than hiding and being afraid.

If you do need a script in a free model (idk, maybe a helicopter or something) then you should be aware of what malicious scripts are capable of. There are a lot of resources on the forum regarding this, and there are many tricks that malicious scripts use to fool you. For example, a common one:

local character = true                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ; -- they will hide malicious code here away from the main area of the code
if character then
    print("character is alive")
end

There are a lot of posts on the forum regarding what to look out for, it is worth reading them regarding this issue.

Easy Solution:

Don't use free models

4 Likes

yes… but i was asking if it is a violation to roblox rules if a person adds a backdoor script or viruses to free models…

Well, yes but actually no. You are not using some exploit to destroy their game. Also, you are not destroying any creations, you are simply creating a custom script which the creator willingly put into the game. TLDR: Make your own models, and if you are going to use free models look for any scripts. The only way for a server side user to get banned is if they use NSFW scripts.

No, it’s not a violation to Roblox rules.

Roblox bans accounts that upload backdoors anyways. Violation or not, their generic backdoor systems will get deleted.

1 Like

Some of you are hilariously depressing.

Banks get robbed.

Easy Solution:

Don’t use banks

A few of you sound like you hate free models so much, you put viruses in them yourselves.

Ezmoreth

Its not a ‘backdoor’ or a ‘virus’ its just a malicious script.

Many times the activity that led up to uploading these viruses is a TOS itself.

People are not infecting their own creations with viruses (If you know what a virus is, they are definitely computer viruses by the very definition of the word.) . That is a given.
So first people are stealing the asset to infect it. They are publishing it as if it is their original work which is plagerism, when really the only thing they did was add malicious code in order to frustrate or disuade the creator from using the Roblox Studio platform and/or free model catalog.

People are not going to do this risky behavior on their own so it is common practice to use an alt or stolen account to upload them in the first place. Roblox needs to ban IP addressess if they want to get serious. I know people can hide them, but at least it will cost them money to screw other people over, most of whom are children.

Honestly, it sounds like some of you are more upset with people using free models than people trying to destroy games with malicious code. Shame on you.

9 Likes