Is it against ToS to sell game assets for real money

(idk is this right category, but i think so)

I have seen some football game that owners are selling clubs for about 50USD (I know it is crazy price) and I was thinking, aren’t they breaking ToS?

1 Like

Don’t think it is.
Not everyone wants robux for something they could have spent months creating.

Selling assets for actual money shouldn’t be against TOS, but selling entire games (For anything) on the other hand, I’m pretty sure is against TOS.

3 Likes

What does ToS refer about then?

1 Like

Imma be real, haven’t read it.

I’m just assuming because stuff like VOLUMIKA and entire discord servers where people sell assets exist with no problems.

2 Likes

Yes, selling game assets for real money on Roblox is against their Terms of Service. Roblox prohibits exchanging any in-game items, assets, or virtual currency for real money or anything of value outside of the platform. Any transaction involving real money should be done through the Roblox platform using Robux, the virtual currency on Roblox. Engaging in such activities can lead to the suspension or termination of your account.

5 Likes

I guess assets there are scripts/models etc. In that guy, you buy fricking in-game team for real money

1 Like

I remember there being written about it:

Idk is it still there now

1 Like

Yes, this is a part of the roblox terms of service (TOS) (correct me if i’m wrong)

3 Likes

Should be perfectly within the ToS. This is a feature on the talent hub, so it’s obviously not against the ToS. Plus, if you’re selling them on Discord - what Roblox doesn’t know won’t hurt them :wink:

(p.s. take this info with a grain of salt; if you get banned for something, not my fault :person_shrugging:)

2 Likes

Problem is, it isnt anymore in roblox tos nor community standards, so idk is it still enforced

1 Like

Yes, I know that it is feature on talent hub etc. But those are usually works, scripts, models etc. I mean actually in-game things (teams), shouldnt it be actually be against tos?

This is very different. You can pay USD for for assets if you are developing a game. Examples being:

Art (faces/ thumbnails / game icons / etc)
Models / building (weapons, maps, etc)
Coding

You get the idea. You can pay developers USD to work on your game but the difference is that you are hiring someone for work or paying for a commission or service. You are not allowed to charge USD for assets in your game because this evades roblox tax and they wont be making any money off your game thats on their platform.

tl;dr you can pay USD to hire / commission developers but it is against ToS to sell things like coins, gamepasses, etc for USD.

1 Like

So basically thing I described is against tos?

2 Likes

Yes it is. That game is breaking TOS.

1 Like

How? The Talent Hub is made as a place where you work for people, so it’s obvious you can “sell” Assets

This doesn’t make any sense, it’s still against the ToS

1 Like

Ohh, I didn’t understand completely. I assumed they meant the models in their games. Yes, it is against the ToS if it’s in-game items.

^ @Dede_4242

2 Likes

Yeah my bad for naming those assets and not items

this is probably here as a safeguard to take action against leakers or scammers though i guess that also does come down to the sellers responsibility

if you wanna sell your assets for irl money i say go for it though

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.