Is it against TOS to sponsor/advertise a game, then teleport to a different game?

If I sponsored/advertised a baseplate with Robux, then teleported the user to another game upon joining, would it be against the terms of service?

8 Likes

Not sure, but it may fall under misleading content under the community Standards.

Roblox prohibits disrupting or misleading others on the platform. This includes:

• Deceptive, sensational, or otherwise misleading content or metadata used to inappropriately drive discoverability or engagement
  • Repetitive messaging to other users or uploads to Roblox systems
  • Creating experiences solely to direct users off Roblox
6 Likes

Agree with this, though I’m not sure how many of these clickbait/teleport games are actually moderated.

Isn’t doing this like having those shady games that advertise themselves with flashy trends, but when joined teleports you to some random tycoon?

I wouldn’t really count that as ethical, even if it technically isn’t against the TOS. It’s just best to try and stick to advertising the main game.

5 Likes

Yes, it is against the Roblox Terms Of Service.
Roblox does not permit creating misleading games.

Secondly, I do believe advertising Robux, in any way including “…offering free Robux to entice engagement” is not permitted.

2 Likes

Nope, its 5% fine, because that is one of good way to boost new game, so don’t worry, “my friend” got nothing for that, but if you don’t want to risk, read the following: ROBLOX ADVERTISING TERMS – Roblox Support
Advertising Standards – Roblox Support

2 Likes