Is it allowed to create a monthly membership within my own game?

So, Basically I’ve been designing a game for awhile now. I’m to the point were I’ve started thinking about monetization of the game and I had an idea of monthly membership for robux. I couldn’t find any rules against it but a friend said that he wasn’t sure about it being allowed. I just wanna make sure before I go down this route. Thanks.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the membership would lock certain areas behind a paywall, Like in runescape where certain are inaccessible unless you have membership.

1 Like

Mmh, premium already does that with payouts, but no one is stopping you from doing the same, Products aren’t supposedly endless, only gamepasses.

Think about timed powerups in games, they cost robux, and they are allowed.

I’m not sure where your friend got their information from to say this isn’t allowed but it’s good you’re checking in with us for a second opinion because this is completely fine to commit to. Timed perks have always been okay and not sure where anyone could get the impression it isn’t.

1 Like

Of course you are! A lot of famous games allow their own membership. Like “Recruiting Plaza” where you can pay Robux and be Roblox premium to get like more points, or you can make your private server at Bloxburg! You could also ask directly a Roblox employee at Support - Roblox.

This has been done on a game know as Outlasters and many other popular games, I think it’s an additional way to add something to your game which would benefit the player. I think it will be a good addition to the game. That being said I don’t think it’s breaking any rules that I am aware of.

It is allowed to have your own subscription, since Mad Games had done the same thing with a in-game currency that was purchasable through Robux.