Is it ever going to be possible to have Roblox ads with animation?

Look at the whole of the internet. Everybody hates ads. Its why ad revenue is dropping because of things like adblock.

I can almost guarantee you’ll get more views on static ads than animated ads unless you’re sketchy and hide the disable button. Which would make the extra time put into animated ads worthless.

The people who like ads are a minority.

I get this information by analyzing trends and what I see people say and statistics. Especially complaints about drops in ad revenue.

3 Likes

Maybe the ads would play only if hovered over? That way, users could avoid most annoyances. :3

2 Likes

I particularly am annoyed every time I see ads with the same cliches. What more if people bring animated ad cliches to the site?

1 Like

If the ads only load when hovered over then im down for this

What I proposed was a very short ad which, which I figured could be loaded to the clients device and if done well would catch the users eye.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe that 2 or 3 moving ads loading to a player’s computer on the website would have waaay less issues with bandwidth compared to playing a Roblox game.

Same as before, it takes a good ad to even get my attention now, but as stated by ConnorVIII, make them fairly priced to cover the issues with moderation.

I’ve got a simple ad I made that I run for my Boat Obby and it does get hits (about 1% of views). If it had a short video of a boat jumping off a water ramp I’m sure it’d get more hits than that.

As far as having ads that only work if you hover over them, then it would be a waste of time and Robux to create a video ad, since it’s the motion in the ad that is what’s supposed to catch the viewer’s eye.

1 Like

A huge portion of data allotments because of ads. People are constantly doing things on the website which animated ads will be another contributing factor to bandwidth on top games. Also can easily down slow those with weak computers.

But then if you allow them to be turned off, you will probably see static get much better results

Or annoy the viewer. If I saw ads moving all the time i would get annoyed. Regular ads already annoy me. I never turn off Ublock for any website.

1 Like

Imagine your CPU usage from that. Animated ads usually have harsh effects with non-high quality computers, which I assume most users on ROBLOX having due to the major side of the player base.

1 Like

I hope not, would probably be some terrible 144p anyways.

Site would look as if it was full of those ‘‘scam ads’’ like WOW U WON 600 IPADS! CLIK NAO

I feel like this would become a “if you give a mouse a cookie” thing. Give them gifs, they want sound. Sound = annoying = less site traffic.

Gifs barely increase cpu usage.

Ever been to a heavily used Ad website without adblocker? It causes the usage to go up to insane amounts on non-preferable PCs, I am unaffected, however I know on lower grade computers it is quite frightening to watch your entire browser freeze and auto shut down.
Watched numerous times with task manager open.

2 Likes

video ads are the absolute worst. Back when I was on my dinosaur I rember barely even being able to tell what a specific ad was for during the video. Only once the video stopped and the still picture came up could I tell it was for Orbit gum. It was terrible.

1 Like

Wait, so downloading possibly 2 or 3 short looping video ads from Roblox to someone’s computer will cause the computer to slow down that much?

What are people running? I’ve got a middle-of-the-line, out-of-the-box 5 year old computer that runs most decent Roblox games pretty well as many of those ‘rip ur toaster’ showcases with no issues at all.

Giving specs would probably help your argument more. I’ve seen quite a variance in what people consider ‘middle of the line’

I’m pretty sure if someones computer wasn’t able to run 2-5 gifs at once then neither they would be able to run a YouTube video nor a Roblox game.

Couldn’t run it back on an old quad core processor. So yeah your words are pretty much true. As I brought up before this is in reference to the average community just because as a kid you’re not guaranteed a good PC if you know what I’m saying.

I was using a Dell laptop (don’t know the model) with a Pentium running windows XP - so I don’t think I’m the right guy to be going off of lmao :joy: Anyways, video ads will take up a lot more network data and people using a hotspot will have to use more data to use the website. Even for some ISPs, they require you pay per how much data you use instead of a set monthly plan. It would be very annoying if someone comes to the website on their mobile device looking to read messages on the go and has a bunch of video ads popping up at them. Honestly, I don’t think there’s anything more a video ad could give me than a stationary picture ad - it just depends on the interest of the consumer. Lastly, your best bet would probably be getting the game sponsored above a video ad - this will put it directly in the search results of people’s searches so it’s a better form of advertising.

1 Like

Ask a Roblox Developer, it Currently too hard to show more detail about your game or group to other people. So I want to Created this so that people can look at the Action, The Detail and also Other stuff that can make the Other User Attrac on you Roblox Advertisement that you created. So the Animated Roblox Advertisement is Combine with the 2 things like GIF and Also the scale of Roblox Advertisement.

How Do you Create an Animated Advertisement?

You need to create the Video and try to Upload to the Roblox Website so that the system can rewind your Advertisement but it also needs to Approve your Animated Advertisement so that you cannot make any mistake or Break The Rule of TOS. After it has been Approved it automatic Advertise your Animated Advertisement.

Is it Expensive than a regular Roblox Advertisement?

Yes, it is because the video that you create have 3 Sections and that 3 Section was Approved Section. It Cause you probably around 1K Robux per Advertise.

If you have any question you can reply in here.
Anyways I will see you next time…