Is it hard to script or not?

1. What do you want to achieve?
    I have been thinking about hiring a development team with scripters too.
  2. What is the issue?
    Basically, since i have no knowledge in scripting, i wouldn’t know what they are doing, they could make it look hard and complex to script what i am asking when it’s actually easy to code it, but i don’t know that, since again i have no knowledge on scripting so i might end up getting scammed.

Basically, i wanna ask experienced scripters if these things are hard to script or not.
-Over 10 guns(Can they copy and paste the script?, what would they need to change depending on what kind of gun?, e.g:pistol-machine gun)
-An elevator.
Thanks for reading! :smiley:

2 Likes

I think that you should look up tutorials

This is a great way I started learning. Look up basic tutorials. If you know code from making parts transparent, reappear, play sounds, etc. Then it would be easy to script the things listed. The tutorials go into detail about the script, and when, how, and why you should write a line of code.

As always, something can be confusing at times. But, you will get the hang of it. I trust you.

Replying to the question. FOR ME 10 guns would not be hard to script, and an elevator would not be too hard.

4 Likes

Scripting in general is hard and easy. it relies on how much effort is put into it.

Take for example jailbreak. It looks really simple but has a ton of effort and coding put into the vehicles while for us its really easy to use the vehicle making it look useless.

Lines of codes also choose whether the script is hard or easy.

2 Likes

There are multiple resources to help you start scripting.

& Others Too.

As Stated From @MysteriouslyMythical, If you use one system you shouldn’t have much of a issue scripting guns & a elevator if you have knowledge of lua.

• Hope This Helped!
3 Likes

I know that.

The skilled developer could make it look hard for me, so he might ask for more payment, which is a scam, which is what i am trying to prevent by making this post.

1 Like

Well, for me at first it was hard, I still run into problems but they used to be errors now it’s just bugs I have to fix with my code, if you push yourself for about 5 months to really learn roblox lua you wont need to hire scripters trust me, scripting isnt as hard as it seems, it’s just overwhelming because of the api and all that stuff but once you get over that hump it’s literally smooth scripting, see what I did there yeah im funny

5 Likes

A post made by @XxELECTROFUSIONxX shows how many of these slightly spam-like posts are:

Resources on Scripting help | Resource Compilation

If it was easy everyone would do it

2 Likes