Is it legal to trade gamepass inside game?

Hi everyone,
since I don’t know much about it I’d love to get help, I have a game and we’re currently working on a trading system, is it legal to trade on game pass within the game itself? For the purpose of the example, player 1 has a game pass and wants to trade it within the game itself, is this legal?

Or as well trade devproduct inside the game?

1 Like

I don’t understand how that would work. You cant just give people a gamepass you own and transfer ownership and it wouldnt be illegal because someone purchased it and is giving it to someone. Say for example you bought food and gave it to a different person for lets say a smoothie. It’s just trading

1 Like

From what I understand it is possible to do, for the purpose of the example you have Gamepass 1 that you purchased from the game and you want to transfer your Gamepass to player 2 within the game itself, which is simply another option to trade, regardless of normal tools that are not Gamepass

That would make it 13+ if it was a developer product but there is no way to trade gamepasses themselves, The most you could do is add a gamepass gifting system, It would make it tricky to rebuy gamepasses you traded and such so its just not worthi t

1 Like

My programmer said it’s possible right maybe a little complicated but still possible, my question is it legal according to Roblox to trade Gamepass for Gamepass within the game itself?

1 Like

Should be but it isn’t worth it as it is too hard to do and would make your playerbase quit. It’s allowed but your game will be boosted up an age rating for it.

1 Like

Why would the players quit, in the end it’s trades for everything, those who want to trade will do, those who don’t - don’t have to

Because some players need gamepasses for their experience to be fun, Therefor making it almost impossible, instead, you should just add gifting like in TSB and maybe make those a trade offer, then for the trade to finish after one player accepts, the player who offered a gamepass would have to pay. If you added trading, you couldnt buy the gamepass again.

If it isn’t explicitly stated in the Terms of Use, it’s allowed.

Trading a developer product is allowed and ethical, however, gamepasses is allowed but isnt good for your game.