Is it not worth making FPS games in roblox?

Ok so for a very long time, I have seen no FPS game other than arsenal being on the front page. Why is this the case? Is this because most of Roblox audience are little kids who play adopt me and Piggy? Or are FPS just boring. Why is arsenal the only successful FPS? I just want an answer, because FPS games in roblox don’t really do that good.

2 Likes

Along with Arsenal, Phantom forces is on the front page and that’s a FPS. FPS games can do good.

2 Likes

Not a lot games get to that level, buddy. If you’re trying to make that high of a game then good luck. Not a lot of games can even make it to the front page.

2 Likes

A good FPS game is hard to make. You have to have smooth gun mechanics, a good map, and something to play for (Such as unlocking new guns or other stuff) I don’t think you see very many for the reason they are hard to make. Arsenal and Phantom Forces have really good mechanics and maps, so that is why they are popular. That’s just my opinion.

6 Likes

I’d say that if you make a high quality FPS game and advertise it enough then you could probably get it to a few thousand players if you’re lucky.

1 Like

@Trilexter0_0 I think opposed to making a new fps game which can be very time consuming and hard your main priority/focus should be to try and get on one of those fps game development teams. A lot of people for some reason seem to scrap their fps games before release. Anyways, I hope this helped and I wish you the best of luck🙂

2 Likes

FPS games generally go best with PC and a lot of the audience (younger specifically) use mobile and tablets.

I definitely would like to see more FPS games, I have to keep going back to the old ones since there are barely any more made.

2 Likes

Unless your highly experienced with game development I think it’s best that you veer away from the direction of developing an fps game. If you really wanted to make one, just go for it. If you were to develop one you would obtain a lot of experience and knowledge. However, your best bet is to work on something else rather than an fps game. Anyways, I hope this helped🙂

Fps games also require big development teams not just a single person.

3 Likes

most FPS games go for the classic COD/CSGO look and it’s pretty hard to have creativity in that criteria.

3 Likes

That is very true, all in all I personally think it’s hard to develop an fps game without it being unoriginal.

1 Like

It’s also a bit easier if you’re quick enough to be the first to copy off a highly esteemed game on Steam and then slap a different name on it on Roblox and call it a day.

cough

4 Likes

It’s worth it if you have enough knowledge to make a great FPS with smooth mechanics and a good community of people along with everything else. You have to model hundreds of guns and make multiple maps. But the things you can earn if your lucky from it are great, you earn lots of robux since people would spend robux on it (Pay to winners, tch) Arsenal did the FPS genre very well, phantom forces is on the more mature side while Arsenal is kind of fun cartoony.

3 Likes

Have to be honest, there’s still few many FPS games that are still on the popular tab like Phantom Forces for example. But the FPS Genre isn’t dying away, new FPS games are being made, their just not getting attention.

3 Likes

The less than 10k players might be due to glitches. Since when I joined it was a glitched. Just a guess though.

2 Likes

Ok that makes sense since phantom forces isn’t on mobile and most of Roblox players are on mobile.

FPS games, to me, seem like a dying game genre. Usually there’s one “main” FPS game being played at a time. Right now it’s Arsenal. Before that it was Phantom Forces and before that it was Counterblox.

The games all have one thing in common and it’s that sooner or later there are insane scripts being made for aimbot, running through walls, etc. It kills the game.

Arsenal I don’t think has those issues yet but it’s really only a matter of time. And if the game starts to die and then these scripts are being made the devs might not patch it, making the game die more.

Good luck though.

1 Like

imo most fps fail because to a younger audience the mechanics are too complicated and they just want something simple to play, this is from just joining random servers and asking players. Take for example mm2, the knife and gun mechanics are very simple and easy to use and on the daily they have about 70k concurrents and have consistently been a top earning game. Also, they complain that they are extremely laggy, and this is because in a fps game alot of ray casting has to be done and if its not heavily optimized it will hamper performance. Also, in the fps market of games arsenal has somewhat of a monopoly because most people who love fps game will go into arsenal because they already enjoy the game and become invested in it and would not play any other fps. The only other nearly popular ones are big paintball and phantom forces. If you want to make a popular game it needs to be “easy to learn but hard to master”", imo, and remember that roblox target audience is very young so always try to simplify your games wherever you can.

3 Likes