Is it ok to create a fan game without any paid gamepasses?

So I was out of game ideas and thought of making a fan game to a random game series (I haven’t decided which game series yet because I want to know if I am allowed to first).
But once I saw the thing that happened to brick bronze, I was wondering if I can make a fan game with no gamepasses without it being taken down because of copyright reasons. (I don’t know much about copyright at all so that is why I am asking on the dev forums before I make it)

1 Like

I was just curious about whether or not I could so I wanted to ask people in real time. Anyways, thanks for the answer.

wait hang on I just read it again. Are you concerned that you will get copyright because of content in your game, even if paid?

I was wanting to create a fan game without any gamepasses or anything that people have to pay for but I was wondering if that is the same thing as doing it with gamepasses

1 Like

Paid or not, you’ll still get a copyright issue. What you need to do is either modify the content so it doesn’t directly correspond to the copyrighted content, like how Impostor did Among Us, or you can just not make the game at all. Safest option is obviously not making the game.

4 Likes

Ok, thanks for the answer. I will make sure to maybe have the same concept but not the same game

2 Likes

You’d still make robux out of Premium Payouts. What you could do is, like Testy said, modify the content to avoid copyright issues.

2 Likes