Is it okay to exploit in your own games?

Is it okay to exploit in your own games, if you use a server where no-one else is, and don’t ruin the experience for others?

All I hope to do is attempt to improve my Simple Anticheat system.

2 Likes

You’re not allowed to exploit in general, which includes white-hat hacking (what you’re trying to do). You can just test if your games can be exploited within the studio command line itself.

4 Likes

Okay, I just wondered if it was okay to use like simple modifications, like speedhack, flyhack, aimbot etc. This would be done in private servers to not annoy anyone else.

2 Likes

Stilt allowed, like the other guy said. Since exploiting is against the tos. It’s also not allowed to exploit in privat servers.

1 Like

Did some digging,
What I want to do, is, technically, not a violation of the TOS. I don’t want to gain an “unfair advantage” I want to prevent people from doing that, and stop people from abusing systems. So, I think exploiting in own games, in own private servers is okay.

3 Likes

You could try and create a testing place and change speed with a script and test it in the Server (which should be Private)

2 Likes

yea, explioting isnt allowed in private servers but theres nobody there to actually report you so unless somebody reports you you cant get banned for exploiting ( or byfron)

3 Likes

After byfron finishes rolling out, exploits will be rare to none out there and the only people to access with them will probably have to pay a lot for them. I would have approached this the same way as you if I were trying to create an Anti-cheat script, but it looks like in the coming days that Roblox exploiters will be done away with.

3 Likes

Always think that Exploiters are the smartest and will pay the highest they can when you’re trying to secure your Game, you don’t want to find Byfron gets bypassed and be without an anti cheat do you?

1 Like

Agreed, a backup to Hyperion, in case it gets bypassed, is essential, because Hyperion will be bypassed eventually.

3 Likes

roblox studio command bar is like an exploit since it is client sided and you can write code in it

If you are the creator of the game, then I wouldn’t see how exploiting your own game would be considered a violation of Roblox’s TOS, but if you exploited someone else’s game, then that can put you in high risk of receiving a permanent ban.

No, it is not. Roblox does not allow any form of external-cheating. To be safe, only play fairly on everything.