Is it okay to use these?

So I wanna use some hexagon meshes from the toolbox but was wondering if that was fine for my builds because people often say that you shouldn’t use stuff from the toolbox for your own builds but are simple meshes like that okay? (Sorry if this is confusing.)

Edit: sorry I think I worded it wrong what I meant is that if you use models in your build its not your build you used others people models and stuff but if you use plain meshes like that is it still your build? since you put everything together yourself?

4 Likes

A plain mesh is completely fine, you should only worry about models since they can have malicious scripts in them. Just make sure to check for any scripts and delete any that you don’t want and you’ll be good.

1 Like

sorry I think I worded it wrong what I meant is that if you use models in your build its not your build you used others people models and stuff but if you use plain meshes like that is it still your build? since you put everything together yourself?

That’s fine, the toolbox is there for a reason. Lot’s of people who are building will grab a build kit or other items from there. (Build kit being a bunch of parts in a model)

2 Likes

Check the model for any Viruses or harmful scripts (Objects such as Fire, Spread and antivirus scripts inside of them.

2 Likes

If you are meaning build (mesh) kits, then those are completely fine to use, although do take the precautions and check each mesh for any sort of script virus. Build kits are designed to be used as tools just like plugins, but in this case for your own builds and models.

Plain meshes are fine. Just stay away from free models and other suspicious stuff in the toolbox, people are always putting viruses in those scripts.

1 Like