Is it possible to "Drag" textures onto objects in Blender?

So because of the way the geometry is of this mesh I have, it gets wierd results when I select faces and choose a part on my image for the UV to go on. Also, since the photo was taken from quite a distance, it isn’t exactly the highest quality.
The image:

So I would like to know if it’s possible to drag the different aspects of it, of course all as different textures, anywhere onto the mesh without having to select the faces and perfectly line it up in the UV Editor

In other words, the TSW livery designer.

5 Likes

Have you tried looking at Ian Hubert’s lazy tutorials? He usually likes to uv project things from view. Just rotate your mesh to line up with the image and project it. Worst comes to worst. Make a white texture and add the details in your editing software of choice.

2 Likes

I have not watched those, but I do project from view. But the issue with the geometry of this mesh is that it is a bunch of long triangles, to stay low poly, and it makes it a lot harder to line up the UV properly.

2 Likes

You should be able to add a few more triangles and still stay low poly. just add what’s necessary to line up the uvs. (or just draw the texture directly on the mesh.)

3 Likes

how do i do this?..htdrdtdtrerert

there are several ways. I use Procreate since it has more tools, but if you go into blender, and use texture paint mode, you can draw directly onto your object.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.