Is it possible to get the XML content from a instance in studio? ex: animation track

Is it possible to get the XML content from a instance in studio? ex: animation track

I need to somehow get the the XML of a animation track which looks like this

<roblox! …

^ this is usually obtained from exporting the instance to a file and getting the content from there, but i need to somehow get that in roblox itself.

I need to do this so that I can send the information to my webserver to then upload the animation track to my profile automatically.

If you have any suggestions/solutions please leave them down below:)

No dice if you want to do it from within a Studio binary itself (e.g. with a plugin), as far as I know. You cannot break down an instance into XML from within Roblox itself so ultimately you will need to either do this by hand or look for a third party tool that allows you to push a Roblox binary file and generate XML data from it.

If you’re open to alternative suggestions, I think remodel is the tool for you. It’s not an in-house tool and it’s not the best if you want to upload new assets rather than overwrite existing assets but its a CLI tool that allows you to read Studio binary files and manipulate them. A couple of Git repositories use this to publish a library version of a resource upon pushing a commit to the master branch.

1 Like