Is it possible to get very high ARPDAUs?

The statistics show that the top games on Roblox all have ARPDAUs of far higher than two, even as far up as eight. How do these games even manage to get that? With my game, I’m struggling to get anything above 0.5, let alone two, or eight. How do I do this for my game?

2 Likes

Having as much paid things as possible isn’t equal to more money earned, and this also apply to the number of players.

A monetization strategy consist of doing some kind of “manipulation” to make people spend more Robux than they expected to, such as adding “fake” paid offers to highlight another one, setting the currency amount in paid products in a smart way to make players always buy a more expensive one, accuratly add new valuable paid offers when players reached a certain progression and a lot more.

This is what do the huge difference of average revenus per user and money earned in general… games that have a strong and well though monetization strategy VS games that have a classic monetization without any strategy behind (products / gamepasses with random approximative prices and value).

1 Like

Only ARPDAU won’t be enough to go off of to actually increase earnings. I recommend looking at your other statistics and try to ensure your game engages players enough to return and spend more time in your game. Large games often have high ARPDAU not because new players join and spend robux but because long-term players will always be rejoining and, at times, spending robux when there are well-priced gamepasses/products for good benefits.

I recommend focusing more on expanding your playerbase first and, like mentioned, make sure your game encourages players to return for more. After achieving this, then I recommend you focus on improving monetization practices to achieve your ideal ARPDAU. Focusing on solely monetization before your game reaches its theoretical peak can cut its lifespan short.

2 Likes

In this case, what would be a good way to improve that replay factor in this game’s context, without necessarily adding new content (such as new components), since that can become quite expensive over time.

1 Like

I cannot play the game myself quite yet (not home), but going off of the description and preview thumbnails, it seems to be an incremental sort of game similar to cookie clicker?

If the above assumption is correct, it may be difficult to achieve the goals I mentioned without additional content/changes to existing content, as the incremental game genre is incredibly saturated right now. Competing with incremental giants such as Bee Swarm Simulator is difficult, since you need to somehow convince your audience that watching their number grow on your game is more enjoyable than watching their number grow on another game.

That being said, I’ll list some potential recommendations for setting your game apart from the vast sea or incremental games and helping your revenue growth as well:

• Make sure early progression is “explosive.” This is where you initially hook players, so its important there is a lot of rewarding progression early on before the long grinds begin.
  • New mechanic introduction. Simply increasing the number growth rate won’t keep a hold on players forever. Introducing new ways for the player to maximize their number growth is likely to maintain their interest, whether it be through active gameplay or a new way to passively generate it. Be careful with this though, overdoing it will overwhelm players and achieve the opposite.
  • Taking a look at your game’s passes, the prices are very cheap. I understand it may seem appealing to make them cheap to encourage more purchases but, for example, increasing the x2 cash price to 300 or 400 robux would triple or quadruple the income per purchase. This would come with less purchases overall most likely but unless it reduces the purchase rate below 25-33 percent of what it was at 100 robux, you will be making more revenue.

Of course, these are just suggestions based on my observations and not actual gameplay yet. Primarily, the third point is one I feel will benefit you the most.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Would changing the prices also apply to devproducts for cash? Also how would I convince players that watching their numbers grow in my game is more enjoyable? I’m guessing it would at least partially involve bright colours and effects, since it is still a Roblox simulator.

1 Like

Thanks, but how do you actually accurately figure out how much things should cost? There isn’t much information out there about actually monetising games.

1 Like

In incremental games, unless you are dynamically changing the amount of cash you buy for robux based on progression or cash progression generally doesn’t go very high, cash purchases may not be your biggest source of revenue. However, you have access to your statistics so perhaps share if it is a sizeable portion of your income.

Convincing the player that watching their number grow in your game long-term is heavily connected to satisfaction, which is awfully subjective and vague unfortunately. This is something that there isn’t a single correct answer to and the best way to try and figure out what works best would be to connect with your community and hear their complaints, suggestions, and most importantly: what they enjoy most about the game. Satisfaction can be sourced from amazing visuals, as is evident from a game like Sol’s RNG, but a more realistic approach for small developers/teams would be to make the gameplay loop be the source of satisfaction.

3 Likes

Some I’m guessing that changing the cash purchases to a dynamic one where the players gets money based on their income would be better for monetisation? I can see why it’s an issue the way it is now, since cash purchases are only useful early game, so few late-game players will buy them.

1 Like