Is it possible to have a fighting game like mortal kombat or Injustice on Roblox?

I was wondering if it was possible to make a fighting game like mortal combat or injustice

5 Likes

Roblox is pretty powerful, so basically everything is possible.
Yes, it is.

I think this is possible with the right scripters and builders.

You can definitely achieve this on Roblox. It will take some time though and it might lag on low end devices

Doesn’t seem too hard but might be very prone to exploitation.

This is possible, however, to make your game fluent and feel fun to play like Injustice and mortal combat
it would probably take a few weeks worth of coding to perfect smooth movement, jumping, tweening camera angles from here to there, and a good combat system using a reliable hitbox. To not make the game feel like a platformer with PvP fighting mechanics. Not to mention the nuisance exploiters might cause when you’re gonna be using more local scripts than you can count for the characters.

Yep, about the localscripts. How exactly would you give the enemy damage without remoteevents since its listening for mouse clicks and stuff.

LIke I said, rpone to exploitation.
Doesn’t seem to be much of a solution here.

I’m not really sure with PvP outside of remote events. Its been used by most fighters on roblox and with or without remote events you’ll still find the average exploiter abusing what he can find.

1 Like

I’ve been thinking about the concept for a while now, it’s not very hard to create the mechanics side, especially local gameplay, but the biggest issue comes when you think about online PvP: roblox doesn’t have the best network environment for low latency and it uses a very different approach than most of the fighting games, firstly that it’s a client-server model (peer to peer being the default connection method for fighters as it provides the fastest direct connection with minimal latency) and then the whole UDP thing (i think that’s what it’s called?). been thinking about a lot of these lately and i’ve done tons of research and decided to start prototyping a network model and test it in extreme network connections, from week 1 everything seems to be working well and i’m convinced that it’s def possible.

Yes. I would take a lot of scripting, because the character movement is much different that the default Roblox movement, but it’s definitely doable.

it is frankly possible but incredibly hard.

these games take years to make, build, script, design and can be achieved with over 20+ developers in their respective companies.

on a platform like Roblox? Incredibly hard to do so, the developers of said games have most likely been to university/college for designing, programming etc.

doesn’t mean it’s not possible but it means that it’s hard as heck to do this, it’ll take A LOT of time and patience with a lot of people working behind the scenes who are experienced.

2-10 developers cannot make the cut.

I would say your best bet is making tables for there moves and stuff, and storing 2 players in a folder.

oh sorry 1 year ago…

Would this be against the TOS or no?