Is it possible to increase a mesh parts size past 2048?

Ik people have talked about this before and I have already seen their posts but, is it possible to increase a mesh’s size past 2048? Ive tried adding in a special mesh and increasing the scale but that doesn’t seem to work on meshes and I’ve also tried to just increase the size of the mesh im importing to a very high number but it seems to just cap at 2048 when i import into studio.

2 Likes

You could try something with viewportframes like Egomoose’s skybox system. Otherwise, split the mesh into equidimensional tiles and import them separately

1 Like

Ill check out viewportframes(honestly not sure what those are right now) but I need to keep it all 1 mesh because Im going to be modifying it and I wouldn’t be able to get it to work if there were multiple.

1 Like

Is there a reason why you need such a large part?

1 Like

Also forgot to mention just need it to be visible, I dont care about any of the physics. Im using it as sort of something to fill in the void because my game is played on small platforms so the void is clearly visible and I also dont want it to be right below the platforms more like way far down, and once you get to the -1000s, a part 2048 by 2048 part starts to look pretty small.

1 Like

Use a special mesh and change the size of the special mesh to a large number, then change the size of the part to a large number.

Ez nearly infinite looking part. Disable collisions of course since you won’t need them.

1 Like

Well like i said in my original post, I have already tried that and it doesnt seem to work if you’re already working with a mesh.

Are you trying to create an ocean look?

Yes, Im trying to make it look like an ocean with actual moving waves, which is the reason why I cant string multiple parts together, the waves wouldnt match

1 Like

Check the link above, might be what you’re looking for

Yes, I have already seen that but that doesn’t fix my issue, I already have the wave part down, I just need to know how to make the mesh larger.

1 Like

Guess you should stick with @MP3Face 's suggestion then, no real other method I can think of to increase a mesh part size after the maximum. Adding more parts that fit in seamlessly would work of course but I don’t know your exact use case to justify this.

the gernstner wave formula i use uses time and position, so putting two waves next to eachother will more or less make it look seamless (of course there will be a little gap because of how bones on meshes work

1 Like