Is it possible to make a poses with a Roblox bundle using Armatures on Blender?

Heya folks!

Over the days, I have been seeing a lot of Metaverse experiences/games on Roblox that contain images of a bundle/group of bundles from the Roblox catalog with poses in high-quality and having such expressions, for instance, the NHL Blast’s thumbnail:

Upon the result, I begin to read some tutorials on the internet (precisely YouTube) to see if there are any mentions of how you can make it, and I, unfortunately, couldn’t find any answers whether than just stating that you need to download rigs with custom bones/learn the basics… I took the second option I found and it told me to use armatures on Blender, split all of the body parts (every part from the .obj file), and little a few steps to have your rig with poses.

Following along and knowing that it was specifically for a blocky rig, I gave it a chance and used the Roblox bundle Beatrix, the Bee Cadet for everything and the results were quite going somewhere, to say the least:

However, if pressing CTRL+P > Automatic Weight, the software begins to print an error about the bone:

I have tried finding alternatives to resolve the issue being printed on the software’s log, yet it remains the same thing…

Does anyone know if it is possible to make poses using Roblox bundles using Armatures on Blender? If not, are there any other methods to produce? Let me know in the replies!

Thank you!

1 Like

Bone Heat Weighting error generally happens because of 2 things:

1. It Could be duplicate vertices which means there are 2 vertices in the same area. To fix it select your object, go into edit mode, press A then press M, and select by distance.
  2. Or it could be intersect meshes which means that 2 meshes intersect each other without being connected. To fix it select your object, go into edit mode, press A then press P and select by loose parts. You will see lots of objects in your explorer pane. Select all of those then select your armature and then try CTRL+P > Automatic Weight.

I hope these help. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.