Is it possible to make a trailer for the mouse?

Hello there, I’m trying to make a game, in where I would need to make a trailer for the mouse would that be possible?

Yes it is possible, you can do this my having a gui element and cloning it as the mouse moves.

that would be a fixed size tho am i right? Like it wouldn’t be able tob e the same as in the image

and it would be laggy aswell ? idk that’s what i’m thinking

i heard the mouse is in a 3d location (i feel like thats a complete lie it has 0 depth) so maybe if you find the mouse you can parent a trail to it

It can be made like you want it, it would be hard but it is possible.

The idea is basically you making different points i.e the older position of the mouse and using some math to make a frame that would span the distance of the points and then animate that frame in accordance. It won’t be laggy at all as UI take quite less memory to render.

Or you can do what bbackstab has said.

i tried my idea and it didnt work no trail was behind the mouse (but maybe i did it wrong)

1 Like

Drop this in StarterGui… mTrails.rbxm (4.6 KB)
Had to make the Gui to make this work so posting a script wouldn’t be enough here.
This is generic and stand alone. So it shouldn’t mess with anything you already have.

Took me a bit to track down who made this originally, it was by a YouTube user named T34P07
This should be enough for you to modify it to what you want.

1 Like

this would give the worst headache. if you play for a long time I already did this type of work for that but it didn’t go that well

This is what you asked for, a mouse trailer. You can edit the trailer shape and options to look as you will.