Is it possible to make changes on the help menu?

In many of my games, character movement is modified alongside many other settings, so can we modify the help menu also?

What I mean by “help menu” is this thing, by the way:

3 Likes

This has been discussed in the past. (example)
I don’t think it is possible to edit these CoreGui elements.
I also don’t understand why, as a developer, you would make it harder for a player to enjoy your game by modifying existing controls.

If the game requires a change on the controls, I change them and I usually add my own Guis to let players know. The thing is I thought this may cause confusion so that’s why I asked. It’s okay though.

Yes, adding a GUI explaining the custom controls is probably your best bet :slight_smile:

What if the game uses a nonstandard character for which the existing controls don’t apply?

I’m referring to modifying existing controls that pertain to essential controls, like movement; not adding new ones.
I personally think it would be easier to notify players of these different controls in a separate GUI element, rather than mix it with the core UI that is universal.

I don’t think so. But it would be a cool feature.

What will be a better use is if the Developer can disable just the Help UI and just be allowed to make a new core Help UI, But what I may suggest is making your own Interface for Settings, Report, Players, and Help to show a bit more of a difference.

If you want this to be considered for real, why don’t you go ahead and put it in feature requests?

1 Like

As much as I would love to, Along with being an Official member in the DevForum to provide more suggestive results to post in the Feature Requests section with so many creative ideas & unique thinking styles towards fixing to better the layouts for Developers & Players.

1 Like

This has been suggested before.

I personally disagree with this becoming a feature. In my opinion, the escape menu should remain constant across all games. However, I think a new parameter should be added to the BindAction function of ContextActionService which allows you to create a new entry into the help menu (with the function’s name) similar to how you can create touch buttons.

Maybe the reason we can’t edit the escape menu is that scammers can use that menu to act more like Roblox. They already have the “Roblox account playing” their scam game, this would make it worse.

1 Like

Yes, that’s one of the many reasons why I disagree with us being able to directly modify the escape menu. Also, happy cake day :).

1 Like

Hehe, thanks!

1 Like

I don’t feel that we should be able to directly edit the menu.

But rather allow us change what is displayed, in some kind of dictionary. Say you wanted to remove part of the help menu, we could update the help menu dictionary array with information that more accurately represents the game’s controls.

This could allow us display the controls which are used by the game, without giving a developer the ability to add buttons which could be exploited by some nefarious users’ scam game.

There’s too many ways, it seems, that modifying even just the help menu could be abusive. That being said the controls there don’t make sense for all games.

So, I think the best way to go is just use gui’s in your game, and file a feature request (if one doesn’t exist) that gives developers the ability to disable the help menu.

1 Like