Is it possible to make dedicated Voice Chat Only servers using TeleportService?

As the title says, is it possible to create dedicated voice chat servers without having to create a separate place?
I cannot find anything on the dev forums or the dev documentation on this specific topic.

2 Likes

Sadly, I don’t believe this is a feature. I’ve always had to create a separate place under the game to make dedicated voice chat servers.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, there’s no way you can make a dedicated VC only servers without the need of creating an entirely separated place under the game.

You had to create a separated place for dedicated VC servers only…

1 Like

You could make a check by using VoiceChatService:IsVoiceEnabledForUserIdAsync() and allow players to teleport to a seperate place. I know you said:

But I am 99% sure you can’t do this without creating an external place. (Not sure if you mean place of universe)

1 Like

I am trying to make a module where it replicates how Roblox servers work and basically using the ReserveServer function in TeleportService and using the TeleportToPrivateServer function in TeleportService alongside MessagingService to communicate between all of these, and when I finish I will release it in the Community Resources in this devforum. I’ve seen no one else attempt something like this and I don’t want to update and publish 2 places for every time I update or make a change if I do it that other way.

1 Like

The issue is you still have to publish 2 places? Not sure why you think this would remotely work at all.

You wouldn’t have to publish 2 places? It would reserve a server of the same game and I already made it work how I wanted it to and I don’t have to create an extra place.

1 Like

You can’t disable or enable voice chat during run time. You still have to create 2 places.

I’m not enabling or disabling voice chat during run time?! I managed to reserve servers using TeleportService of the same place and only let people with voice chat join. I can show you it working if you wish.

But then you need voice chat enabled on the main game which defeats the purpose of that.

But then you need voice chat enabled on the main game which defeats the purpose of that.

Not really, because the desired servers are voice-only. Sure, you can use voice chat in the main game if the player is applicable, but allowing for voice-only servers makes it so that people without voice chat aren’t allowed.

If that’s so, then an entire module is completely useless when the code required to do this is only a couple lines.

@LastingSunset

How could it only be done in a couple lines? There are way more things required for this to work then just a couple lines, and also, they weren’t talking about a VC only game.

I do not think you understand. The goal is to create a separate server under the same place that allows for VC-only, without having to create a separate place. From what I’ve seen (and from personal experience) it is not possible to create vc-only servers without creating a separate place.

1 Like

Any updates on this? I’m trying to make something similar to what your doing as well.

Someone kind of hacked together an SDK for undocumented and hacked in voicechat functionality. You could just enable voice chat for your place and turn it off with this on your main servers:

My solution was to make every server communicate with each other with MessagingService and create a separate section of VC only servers by reserving servers, for example if you attempt to go to a VC only server it will check if there is any and if not, it will reserve a server and every server would now know that that server was VC only and any consequent attempts to teleport into a VC only server would go to that server (or the first VC only server it finds) if its not full, and it would prioritize servers with friends as well.

I will be posting this on Community Resources (as a module script and an example place) soon but I don’t know whether or not using MessagingService like this would be really expensive or not so I’ll have to do some volume/stress testing beforehand.

It’s up, I don’t think there will be that many issues but I will try to fix any ASAP.

1 Like