VoiceChatLib - Easily create Voice Chat only servers in your game

VoiceChatLib - VCL v1.0

VoiceChatLib is a module that enables the creation and transferring of players to VC only servers.

You can connect this module to whatever UI you want.

Feel free to use this UI in whatever project/game/experience you want if you wish, or create your own and explore your creativity.

Demo UI Preview

The example shown below is when the client doesn’t have VC.
The example shown below is when the client is in a normal server.
The example shown below is when the client is connecting to a VC only server.
The example shown below is when the client is connected to a VC only server.
The example shown below is when the client is connected to a studio playtest.

Installation & Usage

You can import the package from Model ID 15777248060 or download the file below, import that, and then follow the steps afterwards.
VoiceChatLib.rbxm (27.1 KB)

1. Move VoiceChatModule to ReplicatedStorage
  2. Move VoiceChatHandler to ServerScriptService (or instead, just require the module once on the server preferably when the server starts)
  3. The last thing you need to do is pretty much just fire the VoiceChatTeleport remote found inside the module script when you want the player to be teleported to a VC only server from a normal server.

Demo & Preview

There is a live demo below which uses the module with some basic HUD/UI at the top left that shows how you might integrate this module with whatever UI you create.

Feedback & Criticism

I’m open to feedback & criticism and anything that might be bad or could be better in this module. Please report any bugs in this forum topic or in the GitHub here.

25 Likes

UI looks good but code is not readable nor is it on the git repository you made.

5 Likes

I just went into your test game to test this out, but this doesn’t seem to be working, when going into a reserved server.

2 Likes

You mean this?

3 Likes

Wasn’t there previously.

4 Likes

I haven’t made any changes to it, and it works for me and on other accounts. Was there any errors in the developer console?

External Media
2 Likes

It does teleport, but I mean it doesn’t make the reserved server to voice chat, and no errors come up.

2 Likes

Very nice!
I just suggest to replace the circle in your Ui by a mic or something like this to let a player know that it use about voice chat.

1 Like

This looks very promising but unfortunately is immediately rate limited in a game with a lot of players.