Is it possible to make people join reserved servers using an "code"

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    hi i need help on how to make or how to use teleport to make ppl able to join reserved servers using an “code” example: “205762”
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    the issue is that i dont know well and how it works teleport:async or others
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    none of them showed atleast an piece of code of how it worked

Details:
you dont need to code, i just need to know how to make an reserved place with their code so that ppl who insert their code somewhere they join that server
and yeah thats it

this is for one of my games
so that people are actually able to create their servers and share the code to their friends to join

Yes, you will need to create a script which can do the following.

When a new server is created it should:

• Generate a code such as “32178”
  • Check if the code is already in use and if so, generate a new code until a new code is generated.
  • Create and save a new reservedServerAccessCode (using Teleport Service) to a datastore assigned to the generated code.

Then, when a player tries to join a server using a code, it should:

• Get the reservedServerAccessCode from the datastore assigned to the code.
  • Teleport the player/players to the server using the TeleportToPrivateServer function of TeleportService which will require the reservedServerAccessCode.

For data stores, you will need to use DataStoreService
For getting the ReservedServerAccessCode and teleporting players, you will need to use TeleportService

I have previously created a similar system for an old project so I will try to find the code and share it if I can find it.

A similar system of saving data could also be used to get other data on a server such as it’s player count; however, this would have to be updated using a script inside of the server.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

did anyone already do that code
im not that well at coding
so this isnt solved (not asking but i need to like how do i get the code, how do i get the code in a reserved server, and also how do i make an player able to join that reserved place)

The code should be write in a textbox?

i tried but i got like an 21021wakdowdkoawdawadjdoiasawwaaawaa