Is it possible to make VR Hand Tracking on roblox?

VR Hand tracking, you probaly have seen it if you know what an Oculus Quest 2 is, i’m wondering if it is possible.

I couldnt find a better category.

3 Likes

Yes, it is possible, many games track the player’s hands.
For example VR hands V2.6.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that just uses the controllers, not camera’s for hand tracking on some headsets.

1 Like

Oh, I understand what do you mean now.
I never heard about hand tracking using a camera like its Kinect.
Sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oculus Quest 2 Hand Tracking | Oculus - YouTube this, and in roblox i mean with actual gestures (if its possible i would make sure to block the you know finger from going up alone)

I just wanna try to make a shooting range for vr, I never made a roblox vr game and I want to try it, so if this is possible it would be VERY cool for a vr game, testing though, uh, yeah my pc aint too good but it works.

1 Like

Even if it’s possible, Roblox will try to remove this feature anyways.
You could do very inappropriate gestures with your real-life hands that I don’t want to state.
Maybe it will be allowed in single-player games but I don’t know.

1 Like

Thats what I meant with blocking the you know finger, and I wouldnt mean only that gesture, but most of the bad ones.

Also do you have discord :eyes:

:joy: Alright mate I think filtering the gestures is going to be very hard to make , Because fingers are not parts and to delete those you will have to configure the oculus’s program , Maybe check at their site if they have any solution.
My discord is stavnu#7911.

1 Like

Alright, hand position tracking probaly is possible, gestures probaly not and wont ever be, but still thanks for replying, my discord will pop up in ur friend requests soon lolol

3 Likes

Your on about the company which just brought in Live Voice Chat,
There’s going to be people doing much worse on those games…

Aside from that, no I dont think this is a key feature, so it most likely wont really be added.

1 Like

I wish roblox started working on vr again though…

3 Likes

When they branch out to different services, such as PlayStation and such they’ll most likely look into the Quest and stuff, so there’s a chance they could add updates and things to the vr system !

:smiley:

Probaly wont happen, but I wish they optimized vr for roblox a lot.

I also found this:

2 Likes

They better because the Roblox Desktop Beta App doesn’t have VR support…

wait what- they dont??
damn
thats saddd

2 Likes

Ohh, I thought those were for a Xbox controller

Yeah it caused somebody to disable the app

Its the same Enums, I can post all the VR controls / enums

2 Likes

I think that’s the solution.
By the way , I sent you a friend request.

1 Like

alr, ill mark it as solution
wait friend request on what
My discord is C937#6282

1 Like