Is it possible to measure the objects in the roblox studio in centimeters?

So what exactly do you need help with?

a system that measures the edges of objects in centimeters just like in real life because I haven’t completed the variables there yet and I have to write them in centimeters.
and measure edge lengths

If it was a square then you could get the value of the Y size which would give you one edge then the size value of X which would give you another edge but then you convert it to centimetres with a function. But if it was a cylinder then you get the radius and use the cylinder equation.

What I want is not the radius or cylinder theorem, but a unit transformation system that fits all the theorems of geometry and how it functions.
Pythagorean relation and a system that obeys the triangle inequality or the thelos theorem or the Descartes theorem

I don’t see any necessity to transform studs to anything else. The theorems would work with studs already?

Or do you mean like converting metres to centimetres?

I mean a system that runs this right now I’m not talking about real life

What did you mean when you said deviation or another thing
Deviation generally means changing direction. When the viewing angle of an object traveling at a certain angle with respect to any reference point changes, that object is deviated.
Is this the thing that you meant?

matching universal units of measure to general system in roblox studio

Why wouldn’t studs work though?

I think we don’t go into too much detail because we talked a lot about how this system will work.

Wait so you just want to change the units for ALL of this, not necessarily centimetres but like just a variable?

I’m doing this system for variables ,ditto.

If you want to convert all the edge measurements then you need to define your units with a function which contains the formula.

1 Like

That’s exactly what I really wanted to do

Oh so you want the formula? Should i just write you one?

yes of course you can tell your opinion

Uh how do you write in lua format, im kind of new.

bandicam 2021-04-23 23-24-10-966_LI

local  function unitconvert(studs) ---- Enter the amount of studs when you call the function
    local newunit =     ------ Enter the unit per stud
    return studs/newunit --- This will give you the amount of newunits in that amount of studs
   end

You call this everytime you want a measurement converted into a specific unit. Not sure if this was what you wanted though.

1 Like