Is it possible to show the video in roblox?

So the question is, is it possible to take a video from the Internet (without copyright), and make it play in the game in Roblox? I mean that for example on the desk or in the gui was the video itself

I would very much like to know, you can write just yes or no.

But I will be glad if you show examples or tell me how to do it.

what does this mean? you need to write your posts better i can’t understand what you mean

Now I’m not sure for sure; but copyright laws will stand. People don’t want their copyright being used by other people. I wouldn’t risk it.

By the way this post should probably go into #help-and-feedback:platform-usage-support

Or another #help-and-feedback category

I’m not sure if this answers your question:

1 Like

To extend on the official post (which I didn’t read thoroughly), it says and I quote:

FAQ

What are the rules for video uploads?

• There are no new rules for video uploads. Just like image and audio uploads, your video must be appropriate, in line with our Terms of Use and Community Standards, and respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your video cannot contain any personally identifiable information (e.g. videos of yourself or other non-public figures).

And like I said earlier, copyright laws always stand.

People wouldn’t want you using their own work without their consent. And so, that’s really it.

Once again, this should probably go into a #help-and-feedback category but I’m unsure of which one

1 Like

He said in the original post that he wasn’t going to take a copyrighted video

1 Like

Yes I understand that, I was just saying that copyright laws will always be in place to protect peoples’ intellectual property (IP).

1 Like

I apologize for the poor explanation. What I mean is this: let’s say you found a copyright-free video on the Internet, for example. Is it possible to make the player see this video in roblox? That is to say that it will be played somewhere in the gui, or on some part?

2 Likes

I realize that, and I’ll take copyright-free videos. And thank you, I’ll move it to another category later.

1 Like

Probably yeah, but I’d recommend asking the person who made the video first.

1 Like

Like I said in my previous post, you can for 2000 robux. I linked the original announcement post.

why does it cost 2000 robux😭

1 Like

They said that they were not going to use a copyrighted video.

Did you skim the post perhaps?

1 Like

hmmm… can I take a 10 minutes long video and somehow make it play in my game?
P.S. The video is copyright free + not related to roblox, imagine that it’s just some video. For example, how a man feeds animals ( just an example )

im surprised roblox didnt make it free for everyone like ugc

They limited it to 30 seconds for now so sadly no.

At the moment, video lengths are being limited to 30 seconds only. In the future when they optimize it, they’ll probably allow longer videos to be uploaded.

I mean I understand why they charge robux for it, but 2000 ROBUX FOR A 30 SECOND VIDEO???!!

yeah i know it’s technically okay but it’s still an asshole move

a random video on youtube probably doesn’t have copyright laws but you’re using some other guys thing

is he talking about royalty free videos?

if so then roblox should upload those and not some random guy

hmmm… is there any way around that? For example, YouTube also has a limitation on the length of the video (12 hours if I’m not mistaken) But I know people who bypassed this limitation.

why doesnt roblox team up with youtube