Is it worth making zombie games anymore

With the rise of zombie games on roblox through the years, especially games like Reasons To Die or that game where you escape a lab which came out recently, the genre seems to be getting older and older.

I have been playIing Reasons To Die Awakening for many years now and amazed by how well done it was and at times wanna make something similar to it but maybe more left for dead style maps.

So here’s the main question: Is it worth developing a game that includes zombies Vs players or is it just worth making game where it’s AI zombies or just PvP?

4 Likes

I think the original idea is worn out and the world has sort of gotten over it’s zombie craze, however if someone can come up with a unique idea such as Zombie Stories, it is worth making. If your legit just making a zombie survival, a year ago it would be OML NEW YAYAYAYZZZ, however now its not like “uuhhhh another dang darn zombie game, uhhhhhhhhhh”.

Also i would say it is more worth making more of a level PvP.

I think the zombie genre in general is still quite popular. If you take a look at a game like Field Trip Z, it incorporates a lot of things that players love like a storyline, combat, different characters. It’s part of the zombie genre but it doesn’t only have combat with zombies but also has a bunch of cool added features.

So, in my opinion, the zombie genre isn’t dead. It just depends on how you incorporate it into a game. After a while, combat with zombie can get boring so you need to have frequent updates and new game modes to keep players interested.

A few game modes could be:

1. Survival. Zombie wave after zombie wave, each getting harder and the player has to go around the map to upgrade their weapons.

2. Player Vs Zombie. Every round, a random player will be chosen to become a zombie and they have to try their best to infect everybody within a span of time(this was taken from a game called CODM)

1 Like

was that suppose to be a pun, “the zombie genre isn’t dead”

30char

2 Likes

Anything can 100% worth making if you do it right.
This sounds cheesy and stereotypical but it is true. You could ask the same question with tycoons/sims or other genres. Yes.

This genre is not nearly as popular as it used to be but it definitely has potential. This game: Rise of the Dead - Roblox has boomed and has anywhere between 200-700 players concurrently. Sometimes I see it with 1-2k players and really, it is a fun well-made game and it has a good and loyal fanbase.

I know several friends and people on the devforum who are working on zombie related games and they appear to be coming along fairly well-- here are still a few very popular games on roblox that have zombies

10k+ players, 2k, 3k, 2k, 3k… lots of players interested in zombie games still and currently it’s a monday and pretty early for american players so these games will have a lot more players on weekends/later in the day. I hope this helped you make your decision

There are a lot of games on zombies but only a few of them are very well scripted and as a lot of visits.

But it is worth making a Zombie game.
But you need to be more creative.

You see you need to make something the world of Roblox has never seen in the platform.
Like Piggy no one ever expected to a game like this. The only thing similar was it was just a little inspired by granny.

You need to be very creative and thats all.

One tip is making two game modes.

One mode against Bot Zombies and if the zombie kills other player then
player will get infected and another mode which has a story baseline like Feild Trip

Mix the two of them you get an absolutely incredible game.

Hope you make a successfull game on Roblox :hugs:

1 Like

Simple answer: Yes, yes it is. Don’t let the fact that there are loads of other zombie games to compete with discourage you. I am making a zombie game and I wondered if it would be pointless to make it at the start, but create what you want. So long as you put effort and dedication into it, it can be successful.

2 Likes

Be unique roblox doesn’t need a generic zombie shooter you know what we haven’t got yet? Most zombies games are PVP based specifically the open world ones. The zombies pose no threat what so ever and its mostly the players. If you were to make a game simliar to 7 days to die, Project Zomboid, Survive The nights, Dead matter. Where it’s actual surviving getting a base down loots and etc with PVP and PVE elements open world survival where the ZOMBIES are a actual threat. You can do evolving worlds where loot become more sacred as time go on factions such as bandits and etc. Good melee and gunplay unique areas on the map. Tiny details making a mobile base putting storage behind your truck or inside the list goes on you can take the idea of the games I listed and make a unique post apoc zombie game you can add lore and etc. This is a ambitious project maybe that’s why no one done it yet. Choices can have consequences shooting a gun in the middle of a town will attract zombies and etc.

1 Like

if you add something new yes i remember back in 2017 there was a popular zombie game