Is Making A Group Worth It?

Hey.
So, I just hit 118 Robux yesterday, and I wanted to make a group. However, I’m not sure if it’ll help me at all. Are they strictly a communication thing, or can they actually help people find and/or play your games?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I’d say groups are pretty useful if you’re planning on making games and hiring people, it’s way easier to pay them and it’s a pretty good place to store your funds.

6 Likes

Groups are mostly for payouts if you have to pay people like a dev or mod its a lot easier to finda shirt within a group instead of having to find it in the catalog and if you wanted suggestions in your game you could put in there its also useful to push out updates in the shouts as more people might see it and want to play it,but its your choice if you want one.

3 Likes

I do see the benefits, but I’m still worried that I’ll be ‘wasting’ my Robux if this doesn’t work out for me.

3 Likes

Sometimes it does like i have in the past but its always good to try stuff out you could do it later ik good games that has groups but there small so the developer didn’t put the game in the group they put it on your profile to get people in a group or game,you have to advertise it so people can click on it more.

3 Likes

I do understand your concern. I would recommend naming it something which you can use over and over as it is VERY handy for giving payouts etc…

I did have a name for it, luckily.

1 Like

If you are not too attached to the name and have some free time, you can look for an unclaimed group. You can claim that group without spending any money.

5 Likes

I definetly think it’s worth making a group to hold the game you make, it just makes alot of things easier

2 Likes

Groups can be used for game management, as people have gone into detail about above, or to create a community. If you’re only looking to create a circle of friends, you might as well just create a Discord server.

1 Like

It really depends on what you want to do.

Group
With a group, you’ll be able to post things like updates, social links, allow members to “chat” with each other on the group wall. It allows for a lot more interaction with your members.

No Group
Without a group, you won’t have a place for members to join and interact and it will feel a bit more lonely in a sense.

However, that doesn’t mean that a group is necessary. Jailbreak has a group and they’re doing well. Bloxburg doesn’t have a group and he’s doing well too. A group is just a place where your members can interact. If you think about it, a discord server can do the exact same thing a group can, for free!

You can post updates on your discord server, you can have chats which are easier to track, voice chats, get people to stream your game to get more hype, in fact, a discord server can do more than what a group can do. The only problem I see with a discord server is that some people might not have discord due to their younger age. An issue with a group could be multiple scams and spam, which is one issue Badimo faced.

In the end, it’s all up to you. For me, I don’t think you should have a group and instead should make a discord server(completely free) and just save the money up for advertising.

6 Likes

I mean it takes quite alot of robux to get a group going, if you are planning on making games on the group with a team then it would be useful. If you are just having a group for the sake out it then I wouldn’t recomend it

6 Likes