Is my game against the rules?

I have made a pretty cool game where you can send messages from the Discord straight to Roblox, you can also send messages from Roblox which means you can have conversations with people on the Discord while you are in-game

I have added the Roblox filter but I’m still worried if I can get banned for this

Game Link: DiskInRoblox - Roblox

25 Likes

Maybe??? I didn’t even think this was possible!

I think it’s fine.

3 Likes

Nah, I don’t see it as something concerning. If anything, I find it very neat that you managed to do this!

I think you’d get the best responses in #help-and-feedback:game-design-support though so they don’t take your thread down here.

1 Like

I’ve seen a game similar replica like a discord instead it’s called something else and not all the button works like discord. So I would think it’s fine.

1 Like

It’s not inappropriate, it have roblox filter so I think it’s fine

You can check the ToS here - You dont really have anything against the rules!

Discord Terms And Service - Terms of Service | Discord
Roblox Terms And Service - https://en.help.roblox.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004647846-Roblox-Terms-of-Use

3 Likes

It might be breaking Discord’s ToS because a roblox player could be under 13.

2 Likes

As long as you filter all the messages then you will be fine.

3 Likes

I think as long as you put the community server link at the social media tabs is OK because roblox designed social media for 13+

3 Likes

You should filter the incoming messages and the messages being sent to the server so no inappropriate words are shown to either side, if you haven’t already done this

Edit:
Just read the last line on your post, you should be fine.

2 Likes

As long as you filter the messages, everything is fine on Roblox’s side; otherwise, a lot of big games would be breaking the ToS by having an external service handle announcements. Not so sure about Discord though. Discord has an age restriction, but that mostly applies to the accounts. Webhooks don’t count as accounts, so it might be fine. The worst they can do is delete the webhook and give you a warning.

3 Likes

yeah that was I was thinking, just had to double check

2 Likes

If someone kept spamming messages then it would be a problem for both Roblox and discord but mostly discord

First, the game and concept is very cool I like it.

Second, in my opinion the game probably is against ToS because Discord is meant for 13+ users and you cannot verify if anyone in the game is 13+. Just because of the fact that Discord is involved makes it problematic.

But I am not moderation, and this is in a bit of a grey area. If you want a 100% answer you should try to contact Support and run the idea through them. I can’t guarantee they would reply or that they’d approve but that would be your best bet for getting a definite answer.