Is My Game Boring?

Hey developers,
I’ve recently made changes to the game after getting some feedback from players, but people say the game is boring.
I know that pvp games require players to be fun, but still nobody is playing the game either.

Thanks!

5 Likes

I don’t think its boring per say, but there is competition in this field of games which makes it difficult.

I’ve honestly never played these type of games but I’m pretty sure blox fruits is somewhat similar to this.

1 Like

Yeah I agree that there’s a lot of pvp games out there. I’ve made this one to have a little bit of everything - so that the combat and everything should feel different from other games. I’m actually in the game right now if you want to join real quick and let me know your thoughts as well as try out the pvp.

Can’t tell, because, like you said, when nobody is playing, there’s no way to see the real gameplay. The move set is a bit so-so, but I don’t think that’s the main problem.

The core game is pretty decent, so I would try to pivot to a PvE or at least add bots or simplified enemies (no need for full fighter AI, just some blob that jumps at you when you get close) to fight around. Or you can turn it to the PvPvE, so that solo player can run around and fight enemies bots and if more people join, then it just gets more chaotic (in a good way).

Drop some coins or other collectibles around the map and add some simple activities (jump-pads, slides, rails, whatever) for players to have something to do. Maybe some targets you have to hit with katana or kunai to get a reward. Now there’s absolutely nothing. And your tutorial doesn’t start.

Relying on PvP is very risky on Roblox and I learned that the hard way :smiley:

2 Likes

Do you think changing up the map will also help make the game seem more polished and clean? About the PvE, I’ll keep that in mind
Thanks for your feedback!

It’s better to focus on adding more gameplay first, when you start adding new mechanics and activities, then you might want to modify map around that. In general, it’s a bit inbalanced, that the safe zone is in the corner. But there’s no need to worry about camping when so few people are spawning :slight_smile: