Is my game icon actually this bad? (horrible click rate)

My game icon got a click rate of 0.134% and a cost-per-click of 10.54. 22 visits off of 1,360 robux. I am planning to sponsor again with 2,200 robux, should I change the icon??

11 Likes

Well, It depends on you if you like it or not, but the icon it’s not that bad, maybe you shouldn’t change it.

4 Likes

Sponsors and Ads on Roblox are not effective from what I’ve seen from countless others on the forums. I wouldn’t recommend using them.

As for the icon, I think it’s good. The contrast of the red and blues makes it stand out. Maybe the whites in the word ‘RoPong’ could be less ‘white’ and lean more into the red, a less noticeable gradient.

2 Likes

Maybe make the first o an actual O instead of a square. I wouldn’t say the icon is bad, probably just changes Roblox had made to advertising stuff.

1 Like

I’m not specialized in the design area, but for me, it’s not good. I can’t read it easily, and most players can’t either.

You can see that this aggravates in the second image, where it’s smaller. This may be the reason for the low click rate.

You can’t read it from afar, it seems like a blank line. Not even on a cellphone where it should supposedly be readable can I read it, so imagine on a monitor, where the size is many times larger.

3 Likes

Add just like a little ribbon saying NEW and it makes some people click more, or atleast thats what I think.

5 Likes

I like the icon, I would just recommend making the text a little darker so it’s easier to read and bringing the cups and ball up a little more so I can see the last one more clearly.

3 Likes

Phone computer and tablet ads are just bad in general. It’s not just your icon.

1 Like

I don’t care if the quality of the icon is good if it’s all text, because what it conveys is just not appealing to the player. I don’t think people care for text as an icon, as it only serves a functional purpose → to associate that logo/text with the game.

The main problem with this is that players who haven’t played your game won’t like the icon because it doesn’t strongly convey any emotion or idea. Also, if they have played your game and it isn’t fun, the logo won’t be associated with fun.

Instead, you should display the main emotion or experience in your game in an easily understandable and prominent way. If it’s an obby, show a player successfully jumping from one difficult platform to another (conveys thrill and exhilaration). If it’s a ping pong game, show a ping pong ferociously hitting a table with fire behind it and the player who hit it.

In my opinion, players will get a lot more out of those icons than a logo.

1 Like

Putting your game title over the icon graphics isn’t a great idea unless you have a recognizable name already. And despite being huge, it’s also hard to read.

However, your CTR is pretty bad and quite useless as a benchmark because you mixed PC and mobile platforms together. PC can have 50-100x (yeah, times) worse CTR than mobile. Mobile has the best CTR and consoles have the cheapest players (I once got 0.4 CPP, usually it’s 1-3robux) if you’re aiming for quantity.

In regards of Sponsored Ads not being effective, most of the people who complain about their campaign performance have no clue what they’re doing (not targetting different ages/platforms/genders separately is the most common mistake) . User Ads I agree - are pretty worthless.

1 Like