Is my game ready to advertise?

Hey guys,
I am not sure whether I should advertise this game.

• Advertise it
  • Don’t, something is missing (explain)
  • Roblox advert system is bad, don’t do it

0 voters

5 Likes

Firstly, how much Robux are you going to use for advertisements?

Personally, I wouldn’t advertise it until I’m sure players will stay engaged with the game.

At the end of the day it’s your choice, but I would polish it up and take more advice before committing to an advertisement, hopefully this helps! :smile:

2 Likes

good idea. any advice on the game?

1 Like

I’m not fully able to play the game right now - but I had joined a few days ago to check it out.

• Firstly, the big criticism that I have seen on other forum posts is that the lag can become an issue. When I can join properly I will test it out a bit and see what the main issue causer is.

• The concept is unique as far as I could tell. Personally I wouldn’t play it because it’s not something I’m generally interested in, but I can genuinely see an appeal to other people :upside_down_face:

Hopefully this helps, I’ll be properly online in a couple of hours to do some proper tests :grin:

2 Likes

i improved the lag issue recently. tysm for looking at lag cuz as a new-ish dev with coding experience mostly, i have no idea how to use microprofiler.

1 Like

No problem man, I’ll check it out fully later :+1:

1 Like

I think it’s pretty good! I love the concept of running through old ROBLOX maps as they crumble in fire as if Roblox scripts broke them. But I do have one big issue with the game:

It’s laggy. Like REALLY laggy. Hard to play laggy if things start crumbling down too fast.
But the core concept? Love it. Also love the idea of energy and chaining jumps.

EDIT: I also was able to dance clip to the “3 wins” section.

1 Like

Not able to join on pc rn so I joined on my phone. It’s unplayable with the amount of lag there is. I don’t even have a bad phone, so I’d definitely look into the lag issues before doing anything

1 Like

Before you advertise, try to cut down the lag as much as possible.

1 Like

Ohohohoh clever boy. I thought I disabled emotes… just noticed your energy was 69% the whole time. It should have increased…

Loving the great info I’m getting. Can anyone tell me what might be a major cause of lag?

Yeah, forgot to mention the energy too, but I noticed it! :smile:

To actually answer your question, probably the huge amount of physics simulations the game is running. Modifying the BrickColor of parts a ton to indicate damage could also be the issue. Potentially a memory leak somewhere in the game?

I don’t really think you should advertise on Roblox. What i would do is to use social media and host events/ contests for a prize for some Robux. Also, I’m not sure if its just me but i am getting high ping which might be caused because of the fire in the lobby.

Big TOS red flag when robux is concerned.

How do I search for mem leaks? Also, is brick color a very expensive action? What actions and instances (like fire and brick color) have I been overusing?

I have made a ton of changes and removed things that could be causing lag. I experience minimal lag by myself in a demo match.

My memory is a different story:

1 Like

Coming online now to check it out, I’ll dm you some stuff I think about it whenever I can.

Great, I’m online rn too. I can take a look at whatever you suggest.

man when 2gb is alot for most games. 4GB is out of this world. Phones usually have 4gb and some potato pcs have 4-8gb - 2-3gb for other things (expirienced before). This isnt AAA, optimize your game.

2 Likes

Okay so I tested the game out.

And the main issue is how fast the FPS drops because of parts being unanchored. Roblox engine isn’t really the best at multitasking multiple parts moving around freely but honestly I am not entirely sure this is fixable without making the maps either smaller or much more linear.

But to answer your question… I would mainly advertise if I knew I was gonna retain players… advertising and then having the players leave 5 minutes later is kind of a waste of money on the ads.

Good luck to your endeavours though!

2 Likes