Is my GFX for commissions?

THIS ISNT A PORTFOLIO PLEASE DON’T SHUT IT DOWN I GENUINELY NEED THIS : (

For one or two months, I’ve been hard at work improving my GFX as much as possible. I made considerable improvements that I would have never expected! I spent about 5-8 hours each day making any GFX I wanted.

I use the program C4D R25, the most recent version. Unlike many other Roblox C4D artists, I use the Redshift engine instead of Octane. I used to use Blender, but it seems I’ll stick with C4D better. My improvement skyrocketed after I switched 3D programs.

Here is all my thumbnails I consider marginally good! The list is from least recent to most recent. I am open to criticism.

NOW
I got a few questions about my future. Please answer everything because I need everything possible!

1. Can I do commissions?
  2. Have I improved from my earliest to latest works?
  3. Do I have enough to show off to clients? (basically a portfolio)
  4. Should I still practice on weak points or yolo it?

Those are my five defining questions. If you have extra details and tips you can provide, that’d be very much appreciated.

16 Likes

140 robux is worth what, 50 American cents by DevEx rates? Any artist’s time is worth more than that.
I think your quality is plenty good to post on talent hub. Your turf wars one is impressive and makes a great portfolio piece!

6 Likes

Buddy, you’re getting taken advantage of here… 150 Robux is equal to 52 cents. That image is worth around $12-$15 (USD) AT LEAST. You might want to consider charging for REAL money or move your Robux prices into the thousands.

4 Likes

Considering the quality of your works, as said the others, I’d set the prices way higher.

Peoples tend to underestimate peoples who does GFX/Art, and that is silly. You should charge for example the Turf Wars thumbnail for at least 8k Robux or so in my opinion.

(Amazing job by the way, I really like the work that was put into the colors! :grin:)

5 Likes

I was thinking about hiring this guy for the quality of the photo, but if he were to charge that much then forget it! That’s way to high and is almost 100 USD, which is a whole fortune! And it’s just for an image. :sob:

I think I’d pay between $10-$25 Dollars, since they’re in the thousands / near.

1 Like

Front page games pay their developers in the ten of thousands. And I personally think that’s really good quality, that’s why I’m saying such a price would be reasonable

(And I said 8k Robux, but that’s only my personal opinion. Maybe he also thinks it’s too expensive.)

I also took a quick peak at the Moon Animator’s Discord server, and some users sell a cutscene for 15k Robux.

4 Likes

I also think we had a misunderstanding. I was talking about his “Turf War” thumbnail. Not about the normal-sized photos.

2 Likes

This is way beyond my budget though, alot of people that are going to be hiring him is probably going to be under 18, like me. I can’t just spawn in $100+ magically, and I wouldn’t even spend that much on roblox.

Just imagine how much I can get with $100. I definitely wouldn’t be spending it on roblox anytime, even if I had the chance to!

Almost every front page has a team of developers that are adults, they can have jobs and have the money to spend it on roblox. They know where they’re going with their game and their strategies.

Yeah I know, that image I think would be able to cost $25 or less, or even 50. With that Talent and Design, he should have no problem getting a lot of people to buy his works of arts, he just has to get it out there y’know?

The prices of his works is up to him I guess.

Yeah, true that. You have some good points aswell. Maybe he’ll update us to what price his arts will be, as we only have 2 Prices.

Holy crud, looking at other GFX commissions, my clients basically stole from me (no offense to them.)
Thanks for awakening me to this information! I’m worried about raising my prices however because I’ll potentially be called an “overpriced maniac.”
Also, are you sure it’s over $10? That’s like 5000 robux. I can’t believe I could make that amount in just over one month. There’s also the fact I consider myself a beginner since I have almost no experience in commissions and not much in GFX.

2 Likes

Is 1000-1500 robux a good price for something like Turf Wars? I feel like I am potentially lowballing here so correct me if I should raise it. And, for my regular GFX for my thumbnails, maybe those go for 500-750 robux? Tell me if these are good prices since I see some beginner GFX going for 300-500 robux.
Also, if you want to hire me, go ahead. : )
I’m up for it, but I haven’t made my policies yet.

1 Like

I need to do quite a bit of research. For example, some beginner GFX goes for about 300-500 robux and mine definitely look more advanced.
My prices are definitely not final yet. If you can help me out somehow, I’d appreciate it : )

1 Like

Keep on practicing chief.
Your work is almost there to hit the quota of good gfx worth to be commissioned.

3 Likes

I think 1.3k would be good, as you’ll get a lot of commissions.

2 Likes

I guess I’m a magnet already. I’ve gotten like 4 GFX commissions (two of which unfortunately free) just from my youtube channel alone. Thanks for the suggestion!
Also are you talking about regular thumbnails or something like Turf Wars?

2 Likes

I think I’m a lot further away than you think. Yes, my GFX is almost there in terms of quality but I still have to deal with a lot of stuff. (Policies, getting experience, etc.)

Actually you’re right on that chief!
Here are some things to just point you to the right direction :

1. poses are usually stiff and needs to be more life-like
  2. camera angles and positions needs some serious work on them
  3. some gfx locations look mismatched or misfitting with the current lighting that is applied (refer to the GFX example 4)

Anyway this is all I have for now. Go out there and do your best!

2 Likes

Please don’t tell me you gave it to them and they didn’t pay…

1 Like