Is My Plugin Breaking Roblox ToS?

is this the best topic for my question? I’m not entirely sure.

But am I allowed to create a custom filter for my plugin that checks if something has a banned word in it or not? I’m doing this because you can’t use FilterStringAsync in Roblox Studio.

And am I allowed to add cuss words into the filter?

And…

@sitedirector05 mentioned this in my plugin’s post:

And I would say that this plugin breaks Roblox’s TOS, because ROBLOX has ways that you can use to display those links (by the game description and in the game), and it is a user policy thing.

Is my plugin technically breaking ToS in this way too?

2 Likes

I doubt the links would be against TOS but I would question the cusses.

1 Like

Even something like “bipche” would not be allowed?

I don’t know what that is or what that means. I’m not talking about specific words on this forum, but I wouldn’t use a custom filter.

It’s the word “batch” but I just made it look a bit different. If you said the word “blickthache” out loud real fast you’ll know what word I’m talking about

I dunno if I should actually say the word

I don’t see the significance of asking about specific words here. I wouldn’t do this, but I doubt anything would happen if you did. I could see it getting deleted from the marketplace but I doubt anything would happen to your account.

1 Like

More than that, this system is flawed because roblox has a database of millions of words that should be tagged and their system is intelligent. You would, in no way, be able to replicate their system because you are one person, living a normal life, probably going to school or work,

2 Likes

Yep I’m pretty aware that I won’t be able to even reach a hundred thousandth of the words Roblox has in their database but I wanna at least strike the common ones

You’ve got a lot of great answers but your first one does give an explanation of everything. Thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.