Is my Tycoon too easy?

Hi everyone,

I’ve noticed that recently my game Pyramid Tycoon has been performing a lot worse monetization-wise.

I feel like the UI is nice so I don’t think its bad UI causing a bad conversion rate. My mind is telling me the game is too easy to progress, therefore people are not spending.

If anyone would mind checking it out, I would really appreciate it. It gets tiring play-testing over & over, I feel like I’m going crazy :rofl:

Thank you :grinning:

1 Like

I personally feel as though the game is not too hard. If it’s placement, you should check what gamepasses get the most purchases. As far as the UI goes, it might not have a huge effect, but for what it’s worth, when you click the store, the buttons on the top to switch to different areas of the store are not super noticeable at first glance. The fact that all the gamepass buttons shine in my face when I try to play the game can also get a bit annoying.

Note I am not a professional this is just my personal opinion based on what I observed

1 Like

Honestly, it felt boring to me. I’m not your target age though, I’d imagine they already find it more enjoyable than me.

The UI could be the problem here. I rarely paid any attention to it, except when accessing the settings and the gift system. I just played the tycoon.
You could add a skip button to the gift system, that raises in price after each gift. I would imagine that would cause a boost.

Thank you for your feedback, I very much appreciate it!

It’s good to see other peoples perspective!

That’s very interesting in regards to the UI. It’s super hard to actually make UI which would suit the theme of Egypt whilst also keeping it attractive to the user. I may experiment with a different UI style & compare monetization stats.

The skip button is a great idea, thank you!

1 Like

I forgot to mention, but I also found a but when I played. It said I had Claimed all the badges when I looked at them…

1 Like

I understand and relate to designing to suit a theme. You don’t need to completely redo the UI, here’s some tips I’d suggest:

1. Add drop-shadows.
    Just looks nicer and would catch the eye more.

2. Lower the gift button a bit
    Again, looks nicer and catches the eye more.

3. Increase the size of menu buttons
    These feel just a bit too small for me, I think it would be more appealing if it was sized to match with the diamond count above.

Hope these help :+1:

1 Like