Is naming my game "Ecstasy" against ToS?

Hello,

I have a question here and I wonder if naming a game “Ecstasy” against the TOS? I wonder this because the word is usually associated with dugs, which is against the ToS, but also associated with an overwhelming amount of happiness/joy. This brings me to a confusion and I wonder if naming my game “Ecstasy” would result in my game being taken down.

Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would suggest naming it something else

1 Like

well the word ecstasy dosent get censord and you dont use it it a drug way

1 Like

As you said, the word ecstasy is both a word used in relation to both the drug and the overwhelming amount of happiness and joy.

The main issue we have obviously is the relation to the drug, players can make reference to the drug and parents can misinterpret which is obviously why its difficult to say its within the terms of service. As ecstasy isn’t an object, and other names could be used for your game (e.g. Rapture, Bliss) it is quite likely you may get moderated for it, especially because the word is used more nowadays in relation to the drug and not the feeling.

Lucky for you, it has a large number of synonyms which have no double meanings:

• Rapture,
  • Bliss,
  • Elation,
  • Euphoria etc.
5 Likes

The word “ecstacy” itself is not a bad word, however the majority of its usage is for referencing the drug. Your game’s context would greatly impact the use of this word. Terms which are used for the website are only considered not allowed if it gets filtered. Great moderation only takes place when a moderator finds inappropriate usage in-game.

2 Likes

Contact Roblox support and tell them your plans, this will make them aware of your intents and hopefully won’t take your game down.

2 Likes

I am with what @6Clu said, I suggest naming it those names instead of ecstasy. Even though it means joy, it could also mean drugs… (which it is)

I like the title “Euphoria”, you should brainstorm about some similar meanings without it being “ecstasy”, then do a vote. :hugs:

Edit: It might be already tags on Roblox.

GhostlyVolt.

2 Likes

:+1: Very valid point on a very serious topic.

2 Likes

That reminded me of the song “Ecstasy of Gold” used in the movie: “The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly” Starring Clint Eastwood. Great song btw.

2 Likes

The issue is that the word “Ecstasy” is associated with drugs and most people would think of it like that, I suggest changing your name just so people who associate “Ecstasy” with drugs won’t report your game even if it is meant to be used as the happiness/joy kind of way.

2 Likes

I like your creativity of the name, but does it fit what your game is about? I don’t entirely agree with completely changing the name like said above, but if your game fits the name “Ecstasy” and has something to do intense happiness, but with no references or inclusions of the drug, you should be totally fine.

2 Likes

Thank you! I will definitely not take the risk of being moderated and I will use any of the other synonyms as you stated just to be sure.

1 Like

You can also contact the roblox developer relations email regarding the specific issue. If you’re lucky, you’ll get a reply from an employee who won’t ignore your inquiry and just paste the ToS.

1 Like