Is python a good language for starters?

Well rbx.lua is very understandable for me and it’s mostly logic, but I don’t know about python

I used both Python & rbx.lua, I don’t have a problem adapting to other languages. The key differences is the only thing that hinders 40% of the adaptation.

To answer your question, try learning two languages at a time.

I would say Python is a good starter language. It teaches you to format code nicely because it’s white space strict.

I used to teach it to beginner programmers at University.

Python seems easy, but I never learnt it.
I learned JavaScript.

IMO, I would say JS

What is nice about rbx.lua, is that you have the Roblox environment, so that as you learn to code, you can actually see things happening, see the results. Instead of just output in a console window, you can move parts, color things, make buttons work. So, yeah, lots of languages are good for beginners, Java, C#, Lua, Python, etc…, however, I think learning in a game creation environment makes it that much more fun and interesting.

A lot of courses and universities teach python as a first language over here in Sweden as it is a good and easy language to pick up if it is your first time programming. It is also a good language for transitioning into other languages as well later on, so yeah it is a good starter language. Although if you want to code on Roblox you might as well stick to rbx.Lua.

If you want to take very fun fun approach (aka painful), learn Lisp as your first language :slight_smile:

However, languages like Python and Lua have a much accessible paradigm, as imperative programming comes most naturally in my opinion. Python is a great language with tons of resources available online, and is used very much in industry as well (if you want to get that sick real world experience)

If you want a more strongly-typed language to begin with, I would start with Java as you are able to expand out into the OOP world much easier than you would with some other choices.

its good language, but i mainly use it for making bots and that sorta thing