Is rewarding a player (in-game currency) for inviting their friends allowed?

I want to create a system that allows players to invite their friends and receive an in-game bonus in the form of in-game currency. I know that Roblox removed the API that allowed you to detect how many friends a player invited. So I actually can’t reward them for inviting friends but I was going to give the bonus to them just for opening the invite tab. Giving rewards for likes and favorites isn’t allowed but I’m not sure if rewarding for invites is also against the rules. I tried to find other topics related to this but I only found information about giving rewards for likes & favorites.

Example:

4 Likes

This has to be allowed since you aren’t giving away currency from websites or any of websites currency stuff. What I mean is this is safe since you are giving away currency in YOUR game which is In-Game currency. It’s similar to how users leave a game, the next day they join, they get a Visit Bonus money.

3 Likes

I’m still not sure if it’s allowed because you can’t give away in-game currency to a player for leaving a like or favorite.

2 Likes

You can’t check if a player even likes your game. I’ve seen game reward players for
their friends joining/ inviting a friend.

2 Likes

You can’t check to see if a player invited someone either because Roblox removed the API. I just don’t wanna break any rules.

1 Like

Ok but im 99 percent sure it’s allowed.

1 Like

In the case of liking or favoriting it would make people really want to like and favorite your game, making it raise in popularity.

Inviting would only make them send a invite to their friends, their friends can refuse or not.

But I would assume to not do something like that… although daily rewards are allowed.

From 2009–2013 there was an “Inviter” program on Roblox. When you invited a friend to Roblox through some link you would get the Inviter badge. This is the same idea. You’re fine.

1 Like

Could be game breaking though - might want to have a limit on how many friends you can invite. All you need to do is make some alts and you get bonus rewards on all of them. On top of that, if you have some sort of trading then this goes up by #friends! (factorial) which can probably ruin your economy/value of stuff in your game

1 Like

Inviting friends for in-game rewards will only be able to be used once, just so the player knows the option is there.

1 Like

I’ve actually done something similar in a past project of mine. If a player’s friend joins them and they are completely new to the game, the player gets rewarded coins. In my opinion, this way is better than just rewarding them for opening the invite GUI.

2 Likes

I don’t know if they still do it, but Vehicle Simulator used to reward a player cash if one of their friends joined the game. So yes, this is allowed.

1 Like