Is Roblox Bot Coded with Node.js Allowed on the website?

Hello programmers of Roblox. I was wondering if it is allowed to code a program on Node.js using JavaScript (obviously) to make a Roblox bot (a simple account with automated actions). I want the bot to say something in a group’s wall.

2 Likes

I’d say probably don’t do that.

The posts on the group API endpoint requires that you include a captcha token in order to submit a request. This captcha system exists to prevent people from doing exactly what you are trying to do.

4 Likes

There should be no problems whatsover, API is there for a reason.

There should be no problems whatsover, API is there for a reason

The group API is there for a reason, and I highly doubt that reason is to allow for people to bot group wall posts. The endpoint itself has clear security measures (captcha token) to prevent people from botting the wall, so what makes you think that this is acceptable?

That’s like walking through a door that says “No Trespassers” and saying that it’s OK because doors are made to be walked through.

Yeah it’s allowed. I recommend the noblox.js library for your bot to access the Roblox API.

Indeed that is allowed. Even I’ve experimented with some personal utilities that use noblox.js to do things through Discord bot commands. Just keep in mind these two things: 1) Roblox, like any other service, has rate limits; 2) things will error CONSTANTLY, so you absolutely must do everything you can to catch and handle errors so you don’t have to restart the system every few minutes. In other words, Roblox servers are more unreliable than you may initially think.

Is there a way I can learn to use node.js to code such stuff?