Is RoProxy safe to use?

Is RoProxy safe to use?

I’m trying to make my own Pls Donate game and I have encountered some forum posts about it being safe however the posts were 2 years ago. I have seen scripts in the toolbox that uses RoProxy.

If it isn’t safe to use. How do I easily make my own Proxy because this is all new to me. I’ve seen the PSA post and the tutorial there is just too confusing for me.

1 Like

Roproxy is safe. The PSA post is just telling you to be weary of using public proxies since you have to send sensitive information over to them in order for it to work, not that roproxy is neccessarily unsafe.

However, if you want to host your own proxy, you can use this:

From a recent release note, Roblox will allow scripts to send HTTP requests to the Roblox site in the near future

4 Likes

Have you personally used and published a game using Roproxy? I encountered a post of someone’s account getting terminated for using RoProxy

2 Likes

I’ve used RoProxy for smaller scale projects (I don’t have any heavy need to use the Roblox Endpoints)

2 Likes

This is most likely unrelated to the reason they were terminated.

2 Likes

The creator is trusted and frequently posts on the forum so I don’t think you have to worry about it possibly stealing sensitive information. It also seems to be well-maintained and is by far the most popular free Roblox proxy. However, for larger scale projects, you might want to use your own system because public proxies are often unreliable, slow and can reach Roblox ratelimits easily. But for small projects you should be fine, and sensitive info can’t even be stolen unless you’re using endpoints directly connected to your account (inventory, economy, avatar, etc.).

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.