Is Royalty Free Music Not Allowed Anymore Either?

Perhaps I’m missing something. The purpose of this audio update is to ensure developers can only use audio they’ve uploaded themselves and which they have the legal right to use, correct? If so, why is my entire soundtrack of Kevin MacLeod music (uploaded by me) marked as needing replacement?

good roblox update

Note that the two tracks marked “removed for copyright” were also Kevin MacLeod and were deleted two days ago. When I contacted Roblox support to appeal it, their response was, quite literally: “we’re unable to provide you with any further information or response regarding this inquiry.”

I get there’s a high volume of developers looking for answers regarding this update, and the best we can do is likely wait for Roblox to get their heads on straight, but I was just wondering if anyone knew about restrictions to music licensed under creative commons, as I, like many of you, am scrambling to adapt my game to these new guidelines.

8 Likes

is the Music made by you? or is it from someone else? because i think if the System noticed that it is Copyright it could be Flagged for review.

1 Like

No the tracks are not made by me. But they are available for free use in any number of projects so long as attribution is given.

I wonder if Roblox will provide a way for developers to prove they have licensed rights to a song, whether purchased or through creative commons. Somehow I doubt it, but if we are limited to either composing our own music or using the audio library Roblox has uploaded, this update will limit imagination and creativity a lot more than I’d expected.

5 Likes

I want to know this too, Roblox is removing multiple songs that are allowed for free with NCS, TheFatRat, Tobu, and Kevin MacLeod. They only ask for credit, which is as simple as listing name, author, and a link to social, i understand the last one being unavailable, but you can at least to the first 2.

2 Likes